• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Music to sooth the soul......

This never fails to change my mood for the better. A ballet on snow

Mama and the Papas cover executed very well.

They sound very good and very smooth. Harmonize very well.:thumbsup:

I found it interesting that Ghost started this thread:
Jun 2, 2019
In these troubled times, music can be a balm to a savage and troubled soul.

Enjoy. Ghost.
Unfortunately things have certainly not improved.
But music is a powerful thing.

I preface this by stating I'm a hard rock/metal/bluegrass sort of guy...
That said:
Tom Petty's daughter, along with his friends/bandmates Benmont Tench and Mike Campbell,
have been busy pretty much since his death (and subsequent battles over his estate settled
with the last wife).
They've been on a mission to see that all his unreleased and more obscure work gets out
there for all to share and they've done a noble job of it, I think.
I always knew the man was very talented, but it turns out he was SERIOUSLY good at writing,
arranging and scoring stuff that was a lot deeper than it appeared....
I'm impressed all to heck with it, now that I've immersed myself into it.

Their latest project, released just these last few days, is his Wildflowers album, only with all
the added tracks Tom wanted included in a double album setup (but was talked out of it by the
record company).
Not only are there packages for purchase, but they also have been very regimented in releasing
all the material FREE on YouTube and other outlets, too - they really want everyone to hear it.
There's some really, really good, deep, absolutely soul-baring stuff in there - Petty was going through
all sorts of life crisis stuff in those days - and you can feel it when you listen.
A sample:

Auto Transport Service
Back