• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1971 Road runner

As I finished up the line-loc install - stupid me noticed that I had plumbed the master cylinder backwards.... :BangHead:
So I had to make new lines and install them the proper way.
Like so.
Mar 17th (1).jpg
Mar 17th (2).jpg

So before I go and bleed the brake system once again I decided to change gears and install the universal joints on the driveshaft.
Here is the Moog part number for their heavy duty one with the grease fitting in the cap.
Mar 23rd (8).jpg
Mar 23rd (7).jpg

Clean up the bores before install.
Mar 23rd (5).jpg
Mar 23rd (4).jpg
Mar 23rd (6).jpg

Install the joints - I prefer installing them using my bench vise. I'm not a big fan of pounding them on especially now that the shaft has clear coat on it.
Mar 23rd (9).jpg
Mar 23rd (11).jpg

So today I try bleeding the brakes again.
Start at the passenger side rear & I notice it leaking from the tee that sits on the diff housing.
It's leaking from the fitting on the stainless braided flex line I got from Inline tube.
Mar 24th (1).jpg

So I'm now removing it - it's junk.
I'm ordering the stock flex line so I'll have no more headaches.
So lets move on and do something else.
Like install the heater hoses.
Mar 24th (4).jpg
Mar 24th (5).jpg
Mar 24th (6).jpg

I did add the additional bracket on the shock nut. It will be more sturdy than the factory plastic clip that snaps onto the inner fender.

Auto Transport Service
Back