• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 64 Max -Wedge Build

RB lookalike for now. I have a heavy right foot. This car will get driven and raced in some vintage races. I don't want to blow up any original MW powertrain. If I found a date coded real HC 426 for a decent price, I would probably buy it and keep it with the car, in case I ever want to sell it. For now.. 500cube RB. Still trying to find a real stage 3 crossram. Man they are impossible to find. stage 1 & 2 crossrams around, but no stage 3's that I've found.

Car is looking good hogpowr looks like you have the knowledge and skill to do the metal work.
keep us posted on your progress

IMG_1486.jpgIMG_1487.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I got the package tray in today. Just need to get the welds cleaned up and put some primer on it, so it doesn't rust. Wheel tubs are next.. Then button up the trunk and move to the inside floor. The AMD floor came today. Hopefully it fits as well as the trunk has.

IMG_1562.jpg

not a ton of progress. patching small holes in the floor, getting closer 1 inch by 1 inch. I did find and buy a stage III cross ram though. Ouch $$$$$$$$ Looking for a pair of Carter 3705 carbs to complete the intake. Hoping to make more progress this weekend.

Intake looks great, excited to see it assembled. I love the look of those engines, maybe more than a Hemi!

thanks 67satellite. The cross rams and MW exhaust manifolds are so unmistakable... Part of me is torn between putting fenderwell headers on it, like many old racers did or go with MW exhaust manifolds. Unfortunately, I will have plenty of time to figure that out. long ways away from finished here.

I think the MW exhaust manifolds are very cool looking. I hope to go that route some day with the MW cutout exhaust system. Keep up the good work, hogpowr.

I would have had my inner fenderwells patched in and done. But I ran out of gas for the wire feed. :( At least I have all the pieces cut and ready to burn in. IMG_1583.jpgIMG_1587.jpgIMG_1589.jpg

wheel wells are done. now need to get wheel tubs and trunk hinge in. Finally making some progress. I also plugged 30+ rivet and drill holes.. IMG_1618.jpgIMG_1620.jpg

How's your neck feeling? Don't you just love going over someone elses work! Looking good...

So I gotta ask....is there a super stock grille planned for this build? The work your doing looks awesome!!

Yes, I am planning to put a super stock grill on it... technically, I don't think the max wedge cars ran a super stock grill. That started mostly with the hemi's. But I am going to do it anyways. I'm putting van bucket seats in it and I"m doing rear seat delete. The max wedge purists will be mad, but I love the super stock interior with the buckets and rear seat delete. Plus, the car has a roll cage in and I want to keep it in. Hard to put a bench up front and a rear seat back in.

Thanks for following along. And yes, at this point I am swearing at all the previous owners who used cutting torches and pop rivets on this car!

Looks like it had a hemi super stock grille when you got it in your pics cool car.

yes. it had a super stock grill.. wasn't done very nicely. like everything, looks nice from a distance, but not high quality up close. I'm working on fixing that issue!

If you need help with the grille, let me know.

Auto Transport Service
Back