• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 64 Max -Wedge Build

my floor is 6 plug welds away from being in and done. and ofcourse my wire feeder died.. 2 weeks down time with no welder... :disgust:

I have to cut my fenderwell header holes and clean up the rollcage, so I guess I will get as much non welding work done as possible. I"m still looking for a great rotissory paint job in southern wisconsin. If anyone can recommend a shop that can do straight body work & paint a fantastic dark blue car, I will take any advice available.

I'll get some progress pictures posted soon!

Hoping to have fab work done by spring/ summer and into a shop this fall...

I"m still looking for a great rotissory paint job in southern wisconsin. If anyone can recommend a shop that can do straight body work & paint a fantastic dark blue car, I will take any advice available.

PM sent

here are some pictures of the floor. Have to make one small thin addition on the firewall and have to button down the 4 speed hump. almost done with the inside. wish my welder wasnt in the shop. I also attached a picture of the tortion bar crossmember. previous owners notched it in 3 different areas to fit various headers. Thought I would fill in all the notches so it looks good and gets a little strength back.

.... IMG_2225.jpgIMG_2222.jpgIMG_2223.jpgIMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg IMG_2225.jpg IMG_2223.jpg IMG_2138.jpg

Looks good , I just finished putting an AMD floor pan in my 64 440 sedan and am very pleased with their parts. I noticed you put the seat belt anchor plates on the inside of your floor , do you have another plate on the underside?

error on my part. I thought about welding a plate underneath... I've since pulled them back out and welded on underside. took me a few minutes to realize the error... more work than I needed..

IMG_2242.jpg

floor is in. I still have to put the 4 speed hump in, but I want to wait until I have the driveline in so I make sure everything fits right. I got the passenger side fenderwell header in. the driver's side will need much more work.

Here's a question. I had an automatic pedal assembly and noticed the bracket that attaches the pedal assembly to the steering column appears to be different than the bracket for a four speed. The bracket has 2 arms coming down from the inside of the upper firewall. it connects to where the steering column would go through. anyone know where I can find a 4 speed brace? I went on brewers, they seem to have everything 4 speed. but I didn't see the bracket anywhere..

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_2241.jpg
    IMG_2241.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 845
  • IMG_2282.jpg
    IMG_2282.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 800
Last edited:
I figured it out.. Must have been a long day when I was looking at things. everything bolted right together.... :hello2:

A new day and a fresh look often help clear things up. Glood to see your progress!

Its amazing how dumb you can be sometimes when you are running long days. The next day.. wow, that was easy!!! sometimes staring at something just doesn't help. Lots of work left, but making progress

IMG_2472.jpgIMG_2473.jpgIMG_2432.jpg

I made a huge score!!! Purchased an aluminum front end for the car. I do still need an aluminum Hood. Not sure I have the patience to wait for Joey Cole to build one.. so I'm on the hunt for an aluminum hood. I do have everything else and hoping to get the car ready for paint this summer. If anyone knows of or has an aluminum hood, let me know! :)

- - - Updated - - -

hmm. why did all my pictures download sideways... weird.

IMG_2472.jpg IMG_2473.jpg IMG_2432.jpg

Seats are looking great. Whish mine looked that good.

got some more work done on the car. also found a date coded block. hoping to have it ready for body/paint this winter.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry guys. I can't for the life of me figure out why 2 of the 3 pictures posted up sideways. It doesn't appear I can change it either. I guess kink your neck.. :)

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_2694.jpg
    IMG_2694.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_2693.jpg
    IMG_2693.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 605
Hi Rob, it's coming along nicely...I see that's the block that was on eBay .Whats your take on the 2 cracked areas? It was a fair price on a very rare block.Nice score.

block should be buildable. I don't plan to put the engine in. I bought it, to have with the car in the event someone in the future wants the car more than I do, and wants to build the car perfectly period correct. I'm building it day 2 and I do plan to race it occasionally in nostalgia drags. So I will build a 440 based motor when I"m driving it. I also paid a decent amount less than what he was asking, so I'm ok with it.

Guys,

My 64 dodge 330 max wedge is getting close to being ready for body/paint. Can anyone help me with the correct 1964 PPG, MOPAR, Dupont, etc.. paint code for EE1 Dark blue. Also, certain paint sites indicate 64 was dark blue poly.. and 65 is dark blue metallic.... I've had a few people tell me EE1 dark blue didn't change from 64 to 68.. Other places indicate it did change.
Can anyone clarify with absolute certainty?

I"m really confused on who is right and what the right color for 64 is and how to get it replicated.

That block was out of ithaca ny...it has been up for sale for a few years... glad to finally see it sell...not to happy to see it crackes.....if you need a block... there is one for sell on ebag currently....real nice condition
Hi Rob, it's coming along nicely...I see that's the block that was on eBay .Whats your take on the 2 cracked areas? It was a fair price on a very rare block.Nice score.

- - - Updated - - -

Kramers now sells complete rear 1/4s and inner wheelhouses for the 64 bbody.... very afforable......

That block was out of ithaca ny...it has been up for sale for a few years... glad to finally see it sell...not to happy to see it crackes.....if you need a block... there is one for sell on ebag currently....real nice condition

- - - Updated - - -

I also sell the front bumper warning decal for the aluminum front end cars. the decal warns against the use of a bumper jack... Hopefully soon I will be coming out with the warning decal for the odometer...

- - - Updated - - -

ebay item # 111730506194 will tell you everything you need to know about decal...It would look great on your Aluminum front bumper. I know it does on mine.

Auto Transport Service
Back