• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 68 roadrunner restoration

Scott Kiger

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
I have owned the car for two years. Metal work is being done now. I found it in a shed. Been off the road since the early 80’s. December 67 built car. Four speed post car. Numbers matching. Factory A/C. QQ1 Electric Blue Metallic. Long way to go but I am about done with the rear axle while I wait on the body work.
IMG_6295.jpeg
IMG_6297.jpeg
IMG_6300.jpeg
IMG_6305.jpeg
IMG_6372.jpeg
IMG_7843.jpeg
IMG_7842.jpeg
IMG_7835.jpeg

What is that center chunk in your rear end? Doesn't look like any I have owned.

Dude it’s a long haul I’m doing the same thing. It will take a long time but it will be worth it. 5 years ago and today . If I can assist you with anything please let me know !!!!!

IMG_1268.jpeg

IMG_2168.jpeg

IMG_2158.jpeg

Mine is just winding down. I originally tore it apart around 17 years ago, then life and family happened and it wasn't touched for a long time. I have been hard at it for the last 3-4 years or so. I should be done this spring with any luck. Doing this through the Covid years and supply chain delays was a real pain in the @ss. I still have to wait on certain parts. I'm here to help any way I can.
You can follow my saga here if you want:
68 RM23 Roadrunner, The rebuild of an old friend

This is my 68 before the prior owner had it painted. I bought it as painted shell. Been slowing getting all mechanical done. Has all new suspension under it now and working on new wiring harness as the old one worked but was hacked up. It took a year for me to get all the parts for it and it sat another year while I worked on some other things. Hope to get it on the road this year.
1710345362254.png

My 69- I am retired and work on this project all day almost every day. Love it!
I am a month or so away from painting the exterior.

frontleft.jpg

Rear axle is done. I think it turned out pretty nice. Now onto the front suspension

IMG_5087.jpeg

IMG_5086.jpeg

IMG_5085.jpeg

VHT Flameproof paint in “cast iron” color is as close as I have found to “natural” as cast look. All of VHT’s paints are such high quality and lay down very nice.
IMG_9325.jpeg
IMG_9328.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back