• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 68 Super Bee project

Duh o just read again the opening post!!!
He's building a Super Bee clone, Super Bees came std with Rally dash so if he wants it semi convincing it needs a rally dash.... And he's already bought one.. So Yeah, I'm thinking a rally dash would be good...

Looks like a great project & your off to a great start... Good color choice!!

The OEM rivet's are for sale. Man just can't remember where I got them. Sorry. The computer is you best friend for getting what you need. Would suggest having the speed O rebuilt. My drive mech was shot and had it done. Think they sell Rally speed o cluster. Just my two cent's. Hey grate project. Building your dream car.

Your 68 should have a dash VIN only, 67 & earlier had the VIN attached to the A pillar in the drivers door jamb... The Dash rivets are typically black, the door jamb rivets (if used) are typically silver... Some early cars had the VIN plate tack welded & some were riveted... All VIN rivets (Mopar) should be rosette rivets..

Ok, I
Your 68 should have a dash VIN only, 67 & earlier had the VIN attached to the A pillar in the drivers door jamb... The Dash rivets are typically black, the door jamb rivets (if used) are typically silver... Some early cars had the VIN plate tack welded & some were riveted... All VIN rivets (Mopar) should be rosette rivets..
was just asking cause the link that got posted was for a set of door jamb rivets. Or at least that’s what the listing says, I didn’t know if they were the same or not. Thanks!

Got the dash figured out, now I’m trying to salvage any parts I may need off of the 400 before I attempt to sell it, which leads me to my next question. I have 2 carbs, a Holley that came on the 440 I bought, and an edelbrock that was on the 400 that came with the car. Is there one that’s better than the other? I’m thinking about hanging onto both in case one doesn’t work. I don’t know anything about either of them but I’ll attach pictures of both.

653CE291-08E1-4AE4-A3C4-C2C9CA7D5308.jpeg
8C9C260B-A576-441D-9C96-77C7AC3102A2.jpeg
18228F88-D941-4549-8A2A-7AFF2FA9C6C5.jpeg
EF590E92-6CDA-4A84-AE49-4CAD6201146A.jpeg
44306E58-D8BC-48A3-A7E4-3B168AAA9A88.jpeg
54FC22CD-2D8F-454A-9FDC-76936C09CA1D.jpeg
74261453-B3EA-444A-A54D-9CE76D03ACD2.jpeg

Rebuild the Edelbrock && keep the Holley in reserve. IMHO

Agreed Jeff. I have yet to even touch an idle screw on the SuperBirds carb in the 31 years I've owned it. Lost track of how many Holleys and/or rebuilds on those I've done in the same time period on the Bee.

I’ll plan on going that route then. Rebuilding the edelbrock and hanging onto the Holley. Thanks

My classic update harness from American auto wire finally came in! But I didn’t realize I had to buy the crimpers separately, I had some at work I thought might work but no go. Now I’m waiting on the crimpers to come in.

Know it's not funny but when opening up the box and your checking out what they send us and every thing is not their. I my self had looked into the box to see if any thing was still in their. Hey good luck and your getting her done so that is what count's in the end. :thumbsup:

Started laying out the wiring harness while waiting on the crimpers to come in, and I found out that the previous owner put in a generic floor pan. This means nothing is marked out or where it “should” be. I’ll have to take measurements for the 4 speed floor hump, the seats, the dimmer switch and probably a few other things. Does anyone have a picture of where the dimmer switch is supposed to go? Or have measurements from something that isn’t the floor pan?
5A38D252-477C-4EC0-9DEF-975BBF6C0C8F.jpeg
598B1A69-77DB-4B55-BB6C-3091816F444D.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back