• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 69 Charger pro-touring build

Thanks Guys!

great looking car. couple of questions:
1. how did you get the carbon fiber look on the center console?
2. what did your front seats come out of ?

thanks,

The carbon fiber on the console is just a decal from MimoUSA. They sell complete dash and console decals that come in a bunch of different colors and styles.
The seats are aftermarket ones from Corbeau. They offer a set of custom brackets and they will bolt right up in almost any model.

Well it has been a long time since I updated this thread but I've done a ton to it over the last few years. Back in 2015 I added a bunch of new parts.

-Milodon road race oil pan
-Oil cooler
-1.10" torsion bars
-Stickier Falken tires
-Made the switch to Fitech EFI
-Tanks Inc. EFI gas tank
-Billet hood & trunk hinges
-150 Amp alternator
-Electric headlight door motors
-LED headlights

The EFI switch was awesome, the car ran smooth for about a year until one day it didn't. I checked everything possible and turned out the Fitech unit fried the ECU. Fitech's customer service was a waste of time and wouldn't even allow me to send the unit in for repairs so after months of talking with Fitech getting pushed to different support technicians going over the same items over and over I walked away from the car for a while.

After getting sick of seeing the car sit I decided to start over and toss the Fitech. Thought about going back to a carb but decided to go with the Holley Terminator stealth unit. It has been on the car for 2 years now and has been awesome.

Here are some pics

2015 002.JPG
2015 003.jpg
2015 004.jpg
july 2015 007.JPG
thunderhill_optima_0094.jpg

Last edited:
Once the car was running I figured the stock harness was maxed out. So I pulled out all the wiring and rewired it in 2017 with a kit from American Autowire. This kit is very well made and had all the extra circuits to handle the EFI, electric fans, fuel pump, and all the other accessories I've added over the years. Kit went in perfectly, just needed to buy a good pair of ratcheting crimpers for all the specialty connectors and was pretty easy to wire up.

wiring 1000117.jpg wiring 10001114.jpg headlight projectors 1001.jpg engine 100111.jpg engine 100113.jpg engine 100114.jpg

Another project I did while it was sitting was I made a filler panel to cover the hole in front of the radiator. Its not perfect but I'll make another to get the gaps spot on.
cover 1200011.jpg
cover 12000014.jpg
cover 1200015.jpg

Here's a shot of the interior after the wiring was done. The kit includes 2 lights to help light up the floors which I think looks real good to brighten up the interior.
IMAG5725.jpg

So the one bummer with the wiring kit was that it does not allow you to use the stock a/c box. So my future projects will be to install a new a/c box and hide all the hoses to clean up the engine bay. Either going to go with a Vintage Air unit or Restomod Air. Not sure which yet but from what I hear they are both great companies to deal with.

I've also got a set of ported aluminum heads from Marsh Performance to install. Can't wait to get these on.
sidewinders 1001.jpg

That car is sweet !! Let me know how those heads do, I was looking into them also. It’s a toss up between those and for a couple dollars more, the trick flows

Auto Transport Service
Back