• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 69 Coronet project

I haven't seen mine since I swapped it with my son-in-law for Uncle Bill's 70 Cuda I named Rusty. I don't have the money or skills to finish him. I'm just restoring/repairing the mechanical and electrical stuff. The kids will have to finish it. I'm just going to drive it.
So Roger, you swapped the Coronet for the 70 Cuda? What's the Cuda like; any pics?

No matter how nice it is, some people never consider the car finished.
My red car is far from perfect but it is functional and performs well. There is always some little thing to change or improve.
Some people enjoy the finished product. Other guys like the whole journey.
That's where I am with our three cars. We can jump in any one of them and take off without much worry. But I'm with you, there's always something else I want upgrade or improve. That's what keeps it interesting.

That Opel still is on my mind!

So Roger, you swapped the Coronet for the 70 Cuda? What's the Cuda like; any pics?
It was an unrestored mess. It needs everything, as one could imagine. The main problem is it needs quarters, rear inner/outer wheel housings, both trunk extensions and trunk floor, both rear frame rails, and rear cross support. I can't afford to have it repaired. I had some guys come over from a nearby shop that restored/mods cars and hot rods. They said it would be okay to drive it as is. I plan to buy the parts so my daughter and son-in-law can finish it and have it painted after their kids are grown.

I've got it safe to drive until then.

IMG_20181005_145301459.jpg 1593806228398.jpg IMG_20210729_131734498.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back