• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 69 satellite has been tboned NEED HELP AND ADVICE on fighting geico please

moparmaniac1

Local time
3:15 PM
Reaction score
[h=2]on november 19th 2015 a jeep liberty crossed the double yellow line on avery rd rockville md hitting me in my drivers door/ quarter panel pushed me out of my lane and up an embankment on the side of the road the only reason i did not leave the accident in a ambulance is beacause of the 10 point roll cage and subframe connectors i welded in december of 2014, the jeep has been found at fault but is insured by geico they have done next to nothing to settle my claim in a timely manner along with not responding or humoring my requests for face to face meetings to settle on a value for my car and come to a fair settlement, really im just wondering if anyone knows a good classic car appraiser in or around rockville md area or if anyone have any helpfull tips on how i can get some results or if i would be better off getting a lawyer to help me handle this[/h]

Thank you
Travis​

Many years ago, my 73 Challenger was totaled. At the time (this goes way back!) they offered $1800. So, I want to six car dealers with pictures, and three were nice enough to write up estimates for $2500. Which was very good for 30 years ago. So I ended up getting a fair amount.

So, get some written estimates, perhaps get the prices of SOLD cars on eBay. Print it up, and talk to their adjuster.

I wouldn't be calling his insurance company, I would be calling yours to find out what they are doing for you. They are there to represent you whether you are at fault or not.

It sounds to me you're looking for. More than the value of your car. Are you looking for a liability settlement as well. If you were hurt in the accident and are looking for a settlement in that regard you need to get an attorney. I've been in the insurance business for 35 years. The only thing these carriers take seriously is the threat of a lawsuit. It'll cost you some $$ but chances are you'll get a much better, less stressful settlement arrangement with a lawyer. Good luck.

i did just that along with finding all my invoices for parts for the last 6 years and emailed the adjuster all of that information they then had a "3rd party appriasers" look at it one both valued my car in its current condition around $6k geico then said the base value for my car is $2400 and they wuld give me $1300 for it even thought the both appraisers they had take a look gave them higher values aslo haggerty insurance and nada says that a 69 plymouth satellite in fair condition is worth between $9500-$12500 so im looking for way to get a fair value set for my car

In Ohio, lawsuits cost you, not the party at fault. And that means what ever settlement you would get, you pay half to a lawyer. I'd check into this with your state before seeing a lawyer. My advice, deal with the other party through your insurance company. This is what you pay insurance for.

Auto Transport Service
Back