• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 70 barn find

I would also like to say please post your needs here. I for one would love to help out if I could with some parts. I have one part in mind I would love to donate.
Thank you 69 GTX. This is what this forum is all about! :thankyou:

I have a 1970 Road Runner, so some of my old parts will fit too. Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot that may be applicable to the scowl since the suspension will be very different. But Karra, please feel free to post parts needs here. I certainly will gladly help out if I can, and I am sure others will as well.

Keep the faith Karra. Be sure to show this thread to the builder. Have him chime in here. The guys on here will be a great source of moral support. I'm sure it is tough on him, it would be on me if it were my long time friend.
Totally agree. Besides the fact that the builder is obviously a very talented guy, we'd love to hear from him too.

Hang in there. We are all pulling for you and your family.

Hawk

Guys!!!! It’s on its way!!! This mean machine will come back all black and amazing!!! It is going to be so great to see it together again!!!!

Then on to the fun stuff! The green paint color is going to be killer on this bad boy :)

As far as donations, I had never thought about that! I wouldn’t know where to begin? Send it via check to Gary? (the guy working on the car, yes him and my dad had the same name, they had so many creepy similarities!) or send parts to him as well?! Not sure, never even thought about it! I will see if I can get him on here! ( I will admit I do not know a ton when it comes to cars but I’m trying to learn)

Thanks guys for being so supportive!

F4C4808B-21D6-41C3-A00E-B5E782C001E1.jpeg 6F534DB7-3C4B-4652-A85A-E0FE9C64607D.jpeg 2968F6FE-BCEB-451E-A564-9B1149B14F03.jpeg

Fantastic news Karra - the scowl will get its color! Thanks for posting updates for us - it will be great to see the progress.

My suggestion is that as the build goes along, post needs to this thread. Those of us able to help with parts, advice, etc., can reply to the post or start a private conversation to work out details.

It is truly exciting when a car gets painted. in my mind, the project turns a corner at that point and you can start seeing the finish line. Good luck!

Hawk

We have been dipped and are all one color now.

Ironic the friend picked it up on Valentine’s Day. It was his true love after all. Lol

9268BE1B-6F16-4F50-8ECC-768CB812259B.jpeg 6471C933-58EA-4935-926C-F243A718230F.jpeg 3840F329-97A7-478A-8546-121B9D72449E.jpeg 4CEEB98A-22BF-4631-A3B7-6CE6501CCF76.jpeg

Awesome. Thanks for sharing the progress with us. You are about to turn the corner with this project. It is so cool once a car starts getting things assembled on the body and it starts becoming a real car again rather than a stack of parts. Best of luck and continued success!

Hawk

That's awesome news!! Seeing you take this on is truly inspiring... can't wait to see one of my all time favorite builds come together! :thumbsup:

Awesome! Must be feeling real good to finally see it with only one color!
Looks great after that treatment :)

Keep us posted with the paint job and everything ;)

Well, not exactly car related but...I think my dad had a vanity license plate thread on here at one time. I thought I would share these customs urns my step mom had made. The larger one she had made for herself and the smaller one she had made for my sister and I.
My dad has been gone six months today. It seems like a lifetime..
I thought you guys would appreciate these.

28536539_10155639291022701_813354882_n.jpg 28795838_10215780158196730_8418113450365943808_n.jpg

I cant wait to see that in the green your dad chose, I was really considering that color as well before I chose hemi orange. Good luck to you Kara, glad you are continuing on.

I cant wait to see that in the green your dad chose, I was really considering that color as well before I chose hemi orange. Good luck to you Kara, glad you are continuing on.
I am too! The color is beautiful. I mean it is mean and bad a** lol

Auto Transport Service
Back