• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 70 barn find

She’s almost all primed! She will look mean in green! There will be very limited pictures from here on out. Waiting for the final reveal.

E340C94E-4009-4BAA-BFB7-2400C9931456.jpeg B60A94A4-8470-4D2E-A0F0-8573827E53E3.jpeg

Karra,

Thanks for checking in with us and keeping us updated. As we have said before, it is great that you are carrying on with your dad's car. It will be super special for lots of reasons.

There is still lots of work left in reassembly. Don't be afraid to come to the site for questions - we are happy to help.

Hawk

Well, the car just got a little more green. I don’t think we are going to reveal it until she is all put together again. So far, it’s beautiful .

Thanks everyone for being along for this ride.

Well, the car just got a little more green. I don’t think we are going to reveal it until she is all put together again. So far, it’s beautiful .

:popcorn: Come on, this site is about sharing our builds not keeping us in suspense! Glad to hear she's seeing paint, can't wait!

Thank you so much for this update !

We can't wait to see it !

Glad to hear it is still moving forward!

We'd love to see little hints and pictures about the car, or even hear about issues we can help with. Having said that, we understand if you are waiting for the big reveal. We just hope you keep us in mind as you go along and keep posting updates for us.

Hawk

My grandpa added some artwork to the inside of the trunk. My dad always wanted some pinstriping on the car by his dad but not on the outside.

Moving at snail speed but...

We think it looks great.

C598C505-CA68-4620-B738-BDEF155364DE.jpeg

Now that's a tease of a picture!

Karra, thanks for checking in and letting us know that progress is still being made on the car. That's great and we wish your family continued progress. Building a car project like this is hard, so feel free to ping members/ the forum if you need parts, have questions, etc.

Rock on!

Hawk

The bottom of the trunk lid can't be the only painted part.. your killing us here!! Beautiful job on the pinstriping, looks awesome.

:popcorn2:

I just read through the 50 pages of this thread...what a story! Karra...so sorry about the loss of your father, but good on you and the family for getting the car done in memory of him. I look forward to the big reveal!

I just read through the 50 pages of this thread...what a story! Karra...so sorry about the loss of your father, but good on you and the family for getting the car done in memory of him. I look forward to the big reveal!
Yup, did the same starting early yesterday.

Started in the last few pages and then when I realized the passing of Karra's dad, I went to the beginning. And Karra, you sound like you seem to be car crazy just like your dad and the rest of us here. That one is one that shouldn't ever be allowed to get away. My dad left in 98 and I still think about him often and especially when I get into the vehicle he left. It ain't anything special like they vehicle you have but....I kept it anyways. Please accept my condolences and prayer for peace and comfort over your dad's passing.....

Karra, maybe a updated picture? Your killing us with suspense!

Take your time Karra. A reveal is the perfect thing for this car. A video of you pulling the cover off would be epic!! It will be an wonderful moment however you do it.

Auto Transport Service
Back