• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 70 Road Runner and FBBO in Mopar Action!

When I was at the Carlisle Chrysler National's this year, Cliff Gromer of Mopar Action took an interest in my car, I think primarily because I had a book and other things that documented my trip across country. He did a quick interview with me and I spoke about how FBBO had done so much both to help build the car as well as be my virtual "co-pilot" when I did the trip. He did a quickie writeup and one page feature in Mopar Action.

This is the cover:
View attachment 1015586

This is the page/writeup on my car:
View attachment 1015588

My 15 minutes of fame!!! :rolleyes:
Sweet Hawk! It looks like you had a great trip! Good for you.

Very cool, Hawk - congratulations! Mine just came in the mail the other day, but I haven't read it yet. I'll have to get on it!

I always knew you were destined for fame and fortune. Looking forward to my MA mag this month.

Congratulations Hawk, that is fantastic. Since you are retired now, that might become your new destiny.
The pandemic stalled my tip for this year that was going to be both ways across country. But now I'll just prepare for next year instead. I will do it again for sure!
You have much to be proud of!! Way to represent! :thumbsup:
If anyone represents well, it is you Leanna!!! :lowdown: But, I'm happy to do the best I can at second fiddle!

Very cool, Hawk - congratulations! Mine just came in the mail the other day, but I haven't read it yet. I'll have to get on it!
Cliff only used a small portion of our conversation, but it's all good. I'm happy he focused on the comradery at FBBO. It truly made the trip happen.

I always knew you were destined for fame and fortune. Looking forward to my MA mag this month.
Ha! My fame and fortune are already done now, I think - but I'll bask in the glory as long as I can!
You were a major part of helping make my trip across country happen, so once again, thank you!!! :thumbsup:

Think about Cruisin the Coast as a destination or way point.
Congratulations!

Last edited:
Sweeeeeeet! Much deserved, congratulations.

Think about Cruisin the Coast as a destination or way point.
Congratulations!
Our plan for this year (2020) was to drive Westward along a Northerly route in September, arriving at the Pacific coast at the end off the month. Then, we were going to drive back East along a Southerly route. We were actually planning to hit Cruisin the Coast on the way back!
Then the pandemic hit and everything went to hell, so we postponed the trip.

The question now is if we try for spring of 2021, or keep to a fall schedule like before (Sep & Oct). We have to see what happens with the pandemic.

Well, if this helps any, 2021 is the 25th Anniversary of Cruisin the Coast, and every year is great, but the 25th Annual CtC is supposed to be really special. As far as the "pandemic" the only sign of it at CtC was extra clean public restrooms. No masks, happy people.
Try to make it, and if you do, shoot me a PM.

Well, if this helps any, 2021 is the 25th Anniversary of Cruisin the Coast, and every year is great, but the 25th Annual CtC is supposed to be really special. As far as the "pandemic" the only sign of it at CtC was extra clean public restrooms. No masks, happy people.
Try to make it, and if you do, shoot me a PM.
Sounds like fun!

that's really great congratulations!

Got my MA in the mail today. That was a nice article Gromer wrote; although I didn't know you went to the Grand Teutons; Germany maybe?

Got my MA in the mail today. That was a nice article Gromer wrote; although I didn't know you went to the Grand Teutons; Germany maybe?
Haha. Little did you know how far we actually drove the 'ol thing! Yes, maybe Gromer's spelling is not his strong point! :rolleyes:

Received my issue last night and immediately found your feature. Nice.

Our plan for this year (2020) was to drive Westward along a Northerly route in September, arriving at the Pacific coast at the end off the month. Then, we were going to drive back East along a Southerly route. We were actually planning to hit Cruisin the Coast on the way back!
Then the pandemic hit and everything went to hell, so we postponed the trip.

The question now is if we try for spring of 2021, or keep to a fall schedule like before (Sep & Oct). We have to see what happens with the pandemic.
Yep, was planning a grand trip to Carlisle, Mopar Nats and Woodward Ave dream cruise..

Yep, was planning a grand trip to Carlisle, Mopar Nats and Woodward Ave dream cruise..
Well, Let's just put it on hold until 2021 and things are better. I'm partial to going to the Michigan for the Woodward cruise!

Auto Transport Service
Back