• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My car club has cancelled our cruise in and super swap!?

Some of our biggest events were cancelled this past spring/summer and some others were called off and then called back on. A few pubs and restaurants kept their shows going; though I with a few buddy’s opted out though they still attracted nice crowds. I know a couple of owners who kept them and also called them off. The latter explained how he would be totally screwed if one of his staff got covid having to close up completely for a couple weeks being a small place. He’s hung on barely; but at least able to do this much. However anyone chooses to look at this pandemic it will pass. In my view, it’s a matter of following the medical advice that I believe would get us through this sooner until a vaccine is available. Just read today, in my state, we cannot not stop breaking records of covid outbreaks…almost every friggin day we’re setting new records with hospitalizations and worse. This has been happening for near a month now. Yeah, this will pass, matter of how we all opt to get through it.

I'm a member of my own club, I come and go to cruises and shows by myself and when I want to. We have cruises monthly around here and It's not hard to find one to attend. I've been asked to join a few and usually say that sounds great, I'll get back to you. Some turn out to be a dick measuring contest and I'm not interested in the bullshit. I'm not saying there're a bad thing, but, just not for me. Most of the events have the same people in them so friends are not hard to make. Signed, the lone ranger.

A few arn't getting the point .
Someone has to put the show on!
It doesn't just appear. It takes alit of work to put a car show on . With that you need to have proper insurance and security if required by the property management!
The Places around here won't allow shows without this stuff !
So what I'm getting at if something happens to my club the biggest show will disappear and looking at what's left out there I don't think anything will replace our show . So we will be left with a drive in at dunkin donuts with the rich guys and the 50 corvette s .
I am trying to talk them into atleast keeping the monthly Cruse
If people don't want to attend then they can stay home

Here in Missouri, a bar, church or a drive in burger joint put them on mostly. Churches sell food just like the bars and burger joints, they all make money and welcome them.

We have ours at a burger joint and they donate half the money taken in that night to the local food bank .
But everything here is put on by car clubs at local establishment s but most want nothing to do with the cars as there's tons of paperwork!

At some of the small pub/grille shows (where there's no LE presence) some guys get friggin nuts with burn-outs. Across the road where I live is a popular bar/grille always packed and a lot of bikers. The highway looks like the starting line of a drag strip. Some kicking around...ok...but some just hammer it full out with a lot of people and kids around - somebody loses control, a dozen or more could be wiped out. There was a fatal accident there about two years ago when a throng bikers took off hammering the hell out of their bikes to show off when one guy lost control...

So the January/February 2021 MOB Melbourne show is cancelled.

...but the November 2020 FMA Ocala show is still on?

I've had nothing but problems with car clubs, there's always some kind of BS within that I just refuse to deal with! Good Luck
I have had enough of car clubs also. They just continually take, and you get no real thanks for anything. At least by giving to this club (FBBO) I get the chance to make a few new friends, and catch some abuse along the way. :D

I gave at least 10 years of my social life to the Committee, and the ones with the power (and the purse strings) do there own thing anyway when it suits them. Walked away after I was told that my Tribute A100 Wheel-stander was "Not what the Muscle car show was about"....but they put in several drag cars, and old shitters, including a Fox Body Mudstain drag car, which is a pile of crap. :jackoff:
Then they said they could find a spot for my GTX, but I said I was away out of town that week. So when they said somebody else could drive it....they can get fucked. :cursin: Bye!!!

The "new normal" is to be kept in a constant state of fear.

View attachment 1014918

1 nn.jpg

Myself I am on board with not having shows now.
Me, I am not to worried about, its others in my family that I have to be careful for.
I wish everyone the best and hope all stay healthy.
Everyone has to decide what works best for their own family.
Pfffttt...
All this nonsense is more harmful than living your life as normal.

Keep telling yourself that Greg. BUT.. I can see it from your side.. believe me and I'd love to live that life again. 6 years of having a Daughter with zero immunity before she passed, a wife with lungs that don't absorb oxygen because some asshole Dr gave her cortisone puffers that scarred her lungs as a teen and it is what it is, living in a bubble until this **** hopefully passes.

As for car clubs, any I've been a member of were always a "click". You were in.. or out.. and I was always an out as I "follow" nobody!

Been going to that show for about 7 years. I went to five guys once and didn't care for it. I was going to suggest Valkaria airport, but I guess if the club doesn't want to hold a show, what can you do. I heard that there is a show at Harley Davidson next weekend and Riverranch sometime soon. Once all the snowbirds get here, who knows what will happen.

On this subject – sorta – I belonged to a car club for a while 30 years ago. It was the wrong group for me as they were into street rods…not muscle cars. I got the snubbing thing and my fault I didn’t know better appeasing a friend (with a hot rod) into joining. So that was short-lived.

On another slant, nearly every car show I go to costs money and seems that every year or so the entry fee rises. Few require a spectator fee. Accordingly, I spent tons of money and time building my car and those who wanna look at it don’t pay anything. I’ve just wondered, ok, charge a lousy buck or two and kids are free. If some group or family can’t fork out a couple of singles for some way to spend a few hours on a nice day what da…eff. And wow, we get a dash plaque and a pen with several advertisements with ahh da entry fee? Maybe a coffee mug? I’ve donated dozens of those to Goodwill. Keep whatever that **** costs to give to whatever charity a portion of the fees are going to. Then by the time I’m ready to leave, there are a dozen or more sheets of paper laying in the car advertising one thing or another. Vendor tents abound selling raffle tickets for wow coffee mugs, cheap booze, etc. And well, thanks so much for entering the show at my expense…

There is a guy in Clearwater, FL that throws a party in his front yard every year and has over 100 cars show. It is free, invitation only with a T-shirt and a family style cook-out and you just bring a dish or something. Music, wall plaques and the most fun I have for the entire year of any show I go to. To get on the invite list, you have to have a sponsor for your first visit. If I could only go to one show a year, this would be it. And did I say it was fun?

I’ve attended the show for the last couple of years and am sorry to hear it’s been canceled. . I was planning on attending with a car for sale and items for the swap meet. As of today the Ocala show at the Horse Park is still on.

I’ve attended the show for the last couple of years and am sorry to hear it’s been canceled. . I was planning on attending with a car for sale and items for the swap meet. As of today the Ocala show at the Horse Park is still on.
The Garlits Show is on also.

For what it's worth-

I like the Melbourne show. It's a bit more relaxed than the Ocala show and most vendor prices reflect that. Not quite as large of a turnout but still respectable.

My biggest bitch is no straight line route for me to get there. Horrible traffic and $12 tolls or 45 min out of the way extra drive time.

But that's my problem, not theirs.

Pfffttt...
All this nonsense is more harmful than living your life as normal.
Well Kern I have to play things on the safe side. My better half has only 45 percent heart function .
So my new normal is being careful for her.
Hand washing, wearing a mask in crowds, stores ect. Does not hurt me one bit and may help her or someone else.
It's really no big deal, things change as we go thg through life, many said they would never wear seat belts lol. Restaurants hung signs, (no shirt no shoes no service) guess everyone got used to that also.
No smoking signs , ect ect
Common sense is free it's up to each person if the use it or not.

Auto Transport Service
Back