• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My car club has cancelled our cruise in and super swap!?

I may feel differently if I were in a high risk group. The problem is, the government sent the whole class to detention instead of just the ones most at risk.
Your response was quite polite. Thank you for taking the high road.

Tell me what you would do !!!

1) I would meet up with my three best like-minded Mopar friends and have a cruise. Go somewhere new to eat.

2) Squirrel-away money for the 2022 super swap meet.

I guess it is all just a matter of what ones preferences and needs are. I did the show thing a lot when I first got into this hobby. In the beginning I got a plethora of insight and info by attending them. And let's not forget the scores in the Swap area that I dare say most of us have scored from. But as I attended more and more for a big number of years, I started to become dissuaded as to their genuineness and purpose. It started to rub me as nothing more than a click and Good Ol' Boys and Girls type of thing. So I began to stop attending and even resigned some of my memberships. By being a member, I actually got nothing in return but a demand to volunteer for more and more things even outside the club/car show participation. It just wasn't in my desire to become so involved so I eventually just quite showing up. Hell...Since moving from CA to Reno NV, I have yet to attend the Hot August Nights gala here in town. Maybe I am nuts about not attending, but I don't enjoy crowds any more so I just take in the sights around town as I am out and about doing my thing. Cool to see all the rides it is. I just don't see any more the need or value to go to shows and cruises. I have all that behind me when the 60's era when it was live and happening. Why pine for the past any way? To the OP...I get the frustration you are showing. I really do!!! But maybe these types of events are now past their prime and time to move on. Enjoy just cruising and driving your rides and to hell with showing them...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back