• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My charger restoration dream car

I got my heater control valve back, from being rebuilt, from Classic Air. I reinstalled it and it seems to be working well with no leaks. :thumbsup:
upload_2019-7-30_14-25-26.jpeg

upload_2019-7-30_14-25-55.jpeg

upload_2019-7-30_14-26-30.jpeg

I used Flowmaster 50's on my Road Runner. I liked the sound better than their 40 series. Had a drone at 2000 - 2200rpm, but were fine everywhere else.

I couldn’t find who sold rubber grommets for the firewall hole for the headlight vacuum hoses. I measured the hole size and found a rubber insert the right size from Steel Rubber Products. I did have to ream the center out to fit the 3 hoses but I was able to custom fit it around each hose. I finally got the headlight doors hooked up and working. Of coarse I don’t hook them up correctly the first time and had to swap a couple hoses at the switch.
upload_2019-8-1_14-56-53.jpeg

I’m still slowly working out some bugs. Previously I have only been putting a little gas here and there in my car, now that l’m venturing farther, I took it to the gas station and filled it half way. (By the way, that car was the center of attention there. Several people gathered around asking all kinds of questions). When I got home I noticed that I was leaking gas. I jacked the car up and found it was leaking out of the main seal. I siphoned out the gas and dropped the tank. I noticed the seal was distorted and too small. I spent the day running back and forth into town trying to find a new seal that would work. I finally found an extra large one that worked great.
One more problem fixed.
upload_2019-8-3_8-46-9.jpeg

upload_2019-8-3_8-46-34.jpeg

upload_2019-8-3_8-47-2.jpeg

I’m still slowly working out some bugs. Previously I have only been putting a little gas here and there in my car, now that l’m venturing farther, I took it to the gas station and filled it half way. (By the way, that car was the center of attention there. Several people gathered around asking all kinds of questions). When I got home I noticed that I was leaking gas. I jacked the car up and found it was leaking out of the main seal. I siphoned out the gas and dropped the tank. I noticed the seal was distorted and too small. I spent the day running back and forth into town trying to find a new seal that would work. I finally found an extra large one that worked great.
One more problem fixed.
View attachment 811538

View attachment 811539

View attachment 811542
Gas leaks are nothing to play around with. Glad you were able to address the issue before things went up in smoke :thumbsup:

Shake down test drive.
I took a longer test drive today. Every time I take it out I try to tune up more problems. It seems to cruse good at higher speeds but I still need to adjust my kick down linkage and transmission. It seems to start out in second gear and skips first gear and does not kick down when stomped on.

That must be a really great feeling going down the road after putting so many effort and hard work into it!

Can’t wait to be at this point with mine!
You really did a great job on that one ;)

Now this is all about the fun part tuning up and enjoying it as it should be enjoyed! :p

That must be a really great feeling going down the road after putting so many effort and hard work into it!

Can’t wait to be at this point with mine!
You really did a great job on that one ;)

Now this is all about the fun part tuning up and enjoying it as it should be enjoyed! :p
It has been my dream to someday drive a 68 Charger.
Now I can!

I took my wife for a drive the other day and as she started to roll down the passenger side window we heard a big clunk as the window support fell to the bottom of the door. When I opened it up to see what went wrong I found that the nylon plug that held the window in the bracket was too long and was hitting the arm as it went up and down, bending it and pulling it out. I was able to shorten the plug and re secure it back in and it seems to work well now. My wife was feeling bad that she broke my car but I was able to show her that it wasn't her fault.
IMG_0676.JPG

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

I'll watch for that during assm. Thanks!

I took my wife for a drive the other day and as she started to roll down the passenger side window we heard a big clunk as the window support fell to the bottom of the door. When I opened it up to see what went wrong I found that the nylon plug that held the window in the bracket was too long and was hitting the arm as it went up and down, bending it and pulling it out. I was able to shorten the plug and re secure it back in and it seems to work well now. My wife was feeling bad that she broke my car but I was able to show her that it wasn't her fault.
View attachment 814319

View attachment 814321

View attachment 814323

View attachment 814325
That plug has to push in to lock the holder.....

Auto Transport Service
Back