• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Dana 60

Moparmatt72

Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
I pulled this out of a GMC truck, ill be putting new tubes on for my 72 B body, my question is I wrote strange and they told me that for a bbody that housing end to end measures 57 3/4inches. I bought some 15x10 with a 5.5 backspace, but I also have some offset shackles. To get the max amount of tires inside, should I have the housing welded to these specs or would going down an inch be better. My new wheels don't come off back order till next month maybe. I'm planning on running a 315 size tire maybe even a 325. Thoughts??

I pulled this out of a GMC truck, ill be putting new tubes on for my 72 B body, my question is I wrote strange and they told me that for a bbody that housing end to end measures 57 3/4inches. I bought some 15x10 with a 5.5 backspace, but I also have some offset shackles. To get the max amount of tires inside, should I have the housing welded to these specs or would going down an inch be better. My new wheels don't come off back order till next month maybe. I'm planning on running a 315 size tire maybe even a 325. Thoughts??

If you already bought the wheels, i would wait to get them and the tires mounted. Then i would set them under the car where they are positioned best in the wheel wells. Then measure between. That way you know for sure the exact width you need. If you try and guess, i would almost guarantee that you will have problems.

True, I know that would be the best way. Just hope they come off back order from summit next month. Thanks for the advise, ill wait and save and buy the tires, ill just go with the 315s to be on the safe side of clearance.

Auto Transport Service
Back