• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first barn find way back in 1997 , 70 RR

I had an `84 laser 5spd turbocharged, loaded, great car!, I put 115K miles on it before it needed its first clutch. I remember that the digital dash stopped at 126 mph, but I can gaurentee I got that thing to go at least 135 mph on a couple of occasions. No governor in that car suprises me to this day, I'll see if I can come up with some pics of it.

I really enjoyed the pictures. Be sure to give updates every now and then. Acme Rat Killer, I did basic training at FT. Leonard wood...fun.

my friend daytona was killed by a mustang! some punk tried to showoff poped the clutch and spun it around it to the car, that was the 2.2 turbo with auto,took the money from the ins. and bought a shelby daytona same year as the totaled one.

dads 045.jpg

dads 043.jpg

dads 049.jpg

I have an 89 Shelby daytona I drive daily. 2.2 turbo 5 speed factory intercooled car with t-tops. Great fun car :)

Hopefully that Ford "Poopstain" followed the same fate as that Daytona.

Digging the 2" X 8" Floor Joists holding up that home's overhang. :rolling: Must be Bob Villa's pad.

we went to my reantal house yesterday to assess all the work it needs to get it rerented , so i took some pictures of the 70

add on air grabber hood off a red car my brother also owner

Attachments

• PB200002.JPG
    PB200002.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 306
you can make out the reverse light and shifter ring on the hump it was originally a bench car , but I have a console and console style pistol grip for the car .

Attachments

• PB200003.JPG
    PB200003.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 310
  • PB200004.JPG
    PB200004.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 302
One of the first pictures of the RR with a ton of crap piled on it just looks so cool. I love seeing gold buried under junk.

I also think that the dealer decal and Tac Clock are awesome as well. I want one for my 73

One of the first pictures of the RR with a ton of crap piled on it just looks so cool. I love seeing gold buried under junk.

I also think that the dealer decal and Tac Clock are awesome as well. I want one for my 73

thanks , i need to research and see if that was a new dealer or a used car lot it was sold on ?

I've never been lucky enough to get a barn find. The cars I always end up getting are the ones that sit next to the house melting into the ground with weeds growing through the bumpers...dry rotted interior and everything pot metal with pits. Before I had my driver's licence I would ride my bike through all the neighborhoods peering in there backyards hoping to find something. I found a lot of cars in the trailer parks, but unfortunately they all wanted prime pay for a basket case. Actually, I did pick up a pretty sweet C-Body for 2,800 that was garage kept. Beautiful car.

I still can't understand why the Impala brings in so much money, but the C-Bodies don't! I loved this car. You get big block power and the strongest transmission ever, the 727 of course, and a quality interior and body decked with twinkling stainless steal trim! Such a nice body style too.

chrylser tv.jpg

Chrysler interior.jpg

chrysler landrys.jpg

chrysler side.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool! Back then, Detroit designed cars around the headlights as they were mandated to be a certain height off the ground, using the typical bulbs AutoZone used to have cases on hand, now, all headlights are way different. However, this car looks 'good' with the standard 4 headlight set up, it blends...much like how Dodge re-issued their new Challenger paying homage to the old 4 headlight set-up!

I look fwd to you tearing into this car, and posting copious pictures!

Auto Transport Service
Back