• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my garage rebuild

Latest update: After putting off for about 7 years, I finally put a door in at the stairs going up to the loft. I was using a drop cloth. This will help greatly with keeping the heat in the garage area. I still need to trim it out. It was the last plain metal door Home Depot had and cost about $40 more than usual.

Before:
D8F5C6A5-9DEF-49D8-8FB5-CD10F2FB0666.jpeg

After:
504C40B9-AAC8-4DB7-9A2B-BFC52326A6E2.jpeg

I finished trimming out the door this weekend. I found what was left of a gallon of the original paint I used on the walls sitting in my basement - 8 years old. I also was able to figure out the original color of stain I used on the pine with the help of the local Sherwin-Williams store. They looked up the original sale from 8 years ago from a barcode I had from a can of stain I purchased at the same time as a sample/test. I also had a small section of drywall sitting in my loft. I did have to make a trip to a lumber yard to purchase the rough-sawn pine.

1C52A349-E5E3-4E3F-8973-04B6CB1B5EE2.jpeg

Not too bad. I can already feel the difference it makes keeping the garage level warmer, especially when I have the heat on!

SWEET. I've outgrown my garage shop and am biting the bullet on a detached shop sometime next year. Looks great.

Chuck

Auto Transport Service
Back