• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My heart is still with Chevy

Hi guys,
I´ve been Chevyman from late 80´s but my two brothers and brother-in-law are Moparmen. I sold my last Chevy 10 years ago because my son was so afraid of hard loud sound cars and I had not time and interest to do anything with it.
On the other hand, my two brothers have owned -70 Monaco for more than 20 years but it was negledled badly and left for it´s own under the tree. It´s body rot very badly over the years and nobody wanted to fix it. Only good thing there was 440, TF727+ 8 3/4 3.23 posi 489. Done trans and engine with high low end tq.
Fortunately, I´m familiar with Mopar engines and trans´s, thanks to my brothers and other friends.
The final nail in the coffin was when my son told me he has found the body for Monaco´s powertrain: -74 Coronet
So, that´s why I´m here -74 Coronet, 440,727,489. I try get use to it
sure grip.jpg

If it's Chevy in your heart, that's fine - but you're lost here...

Welcome from Michigan

I am not predigest to any.......... since I have now my first Mopar!

Welcome: That car actually looks pretty cool. I could see lowering it a bit, make it handler. Sort of an upgraded Police Interceptor if you will.
You´re right. Tons of low torque and good handling. Tech first, no matter for apperance

Hi guys,
I´ve been Chevyman from late 80´s but my two brothers and brother-in-law are Moparmen. I sold my last Chevy 10 years ago because my son was so afraid of hard loud sound cars and I had not time and interest to do anything with it.
On the other hand, my two brothers have owned -70 Monaco for more than 20 years but it was negledled badly and left for it´s own under the tree. It´s body rot very badly over the years and nobody wanted to fix it. Only good thing there was 440, TF727+ 8 3/4 3.23 posi 489. Done trans and engine with high low end tq.
Fortunately, I´m familiar with Mopar engines and trans´s, thanks to my brothers and other friends.
The final nail in the coffin was when my son told me he has found the body for Monaco´s powertrain: -74 Coronet
So, that´s why I´m here -74 Coronet, 440,727,489. I try get use to it
Great car!
I love the Coronets!
welcome aboard

Late 80´s to early 90´s we were poor country boys with some f*g US-cars. All the others some freaks around us made nogo-tunnelram-highdegcams. We try to make some decent lowrpmtq+lowmlg cars for drinking beer
Welcome, I like the "for drinking beer" part!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back