• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Hemi on the Dyno

Close, under 3500 RPM. LOL
:thumbsup:
Well, like you mentioned, it’s a grudge engine. The only engine more secretive is the super stock engine where you basically never get a cam spec out of the owner. Only owner and the builder know.

Basically it’s all smoke and mirrors with truths, half truths, exaggerations, embellishments and lies, because it’s none of there biz.

Among the best questions I get are;

Q; How big is the carb?
A; More than enough to feed it.

Q; How big is the engine?
A; It’s a small block.

Q; But how many cubes?
A; A small amount.

Q; Is it fast?
A; Define fast?

Q; How much HP does it make?
A; Not enough for me.

Q; Do you race it?
A; Only if you got money.
:rofl:
No seriously.....

I know it is not for a Charger (B Body) but figured it still may be worthy. Here is a link that my buddy sent to me with my Hemi that is in now in my 70' Challenger on the dyno. Let's see if this works.

Will you tell me what headers are you running on the engine? Thanks

Thanks do you have a Hooker part number. I looked on there web site and did not see anything for a Hemi.

5210 is the part #. They are only 2-1/8" X 3-1/2" I know they are the limiting factory for my build probably choking it down some but I didn't have $3000.00 for custom s.s. bigger diameter headers & collectors.

Last edited:
5210 is the part #. They are only 2-1/8" X 3-1/2" I know they are the limiting factory for my build probably choking it down some but I didn't have $3000.00 for custom s.s. bigger diameter headers & collectors.
Here is a set of SS Hemi Headers my son just finished up for a 64 Plymouth

IMG_1253 (1).JPG IMG_1299.JPG IMG_1300.JPG IMG_1368.JPG IMG_1370.JPG

He did a very nice job. That will be one of my next upgrades eventually. No way in hell am I doing those dumb looking glory holes in my fenders or with bull horns either. Going to do what I can to keep them under my car & hopefully not crush them over time.
Here is what the headers look on the car tucked up tight.

IMG_1355.JPG

He did a very nice job. That will be one of my next upgrades eventually. No way in hell am I doing those dumb looking glory holes in my fenders or with bull horns either. Going to do what I can to keep them under my car & hopefully not crush them over time.
I went with the dumb looking glory hole in the fender
02326E04-61EC-4B86-B866-9769666F6141.jpeg

Nice! I love the sound of dyno pulls...thanks for sharing.

Who did the motor and who's Dyno?

Mines a 30 over 426. I just don't tell them that's 30% over.
Doug

I went with the dumb looking glory hole in the fender
View attachment 564018

Oh no, You will be adding Bull horns before you know it so you can be part of the "in" crowd. LOL. I am not sure what I am going to do yet with with the next custom exhaust once I start doing the twin turbo Hemi on the next build.

100_1453.jpg 100_1454 (2).jpg 100_1455 [640x480].jpg

Not a fan of the bull horns lol. What size snails and how are you packaging them?

Not to bother you but... lol
Oh yeah, that measurement is eight and a half inches to the top of the plenum of the intake. Including the 3/8 of an inch thick phenolic intake spacer that I made.

Oh yeah, that measurement is eight and a half inches to the top of the plenum of the intake. Including the 3/8 of an inch thick phenolic intake spacer that I made.

Thanks man!!

Puts it 1/2” taller than my cross ram on the rear carb mounting flange. Looks doable with air cleaners and my hood

Last edited:
Thanks man!!

Puts it 1/2” taller than my cross ram on the rear carb mounting flange. Looks doable with air cleaners and my hood

Cool. I am on to my next project, making my Shaker hood work. Making a custom drop base to fit down & over the Dual Dominator Carbs & a custom larger, longer & taller Shaker scoop.

20180120_220926.jpg 20180120_220934.jpg 20180120_221005.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back