• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Late Father's - 1967 Coronet RT 440 - Advice?

JBENGAL93

Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
HELLO - B BODIES ONLY MEMBERS

My name is John from Cincinnati, OH. I just joined this online community recently. I thought this might be the best option for advice and direction to get these Mopar parts in the best hands possible, and put to use. Here's my story. My Father, also John, passed away unexpectedly last year. My Father was a huge Mopar fan and enthusiast to say the least. His first Mopar was a 69 Barracuda. He sold that Barracuda for the down-payment on my parents 1st home in the late 70's. Fast forward 20+ years or so and us kids were heading off to college, he wanted his mopar muscle back. He purchased a 1967 Coronet RT 440 in 1999. He spent years in the garage working and playing on 'Christine", as he called it. After his passing last year, my Mother was put in a difficult situation and was relentlessly pressured to sell my Father's car to one of my Father's so called buddies. I was not in town at that point in time, and she succumbed to the ongoing pressure and the Coronet was sold for 25% of what she should have received on the open market by my research. Coincidentally, it so happens that this vehicle went up for sale a few weeks ago for 5x what she received.

Fortunately for my Mother, my father kept everything. I was cleaning out the attic for her last month and BOOM.....I remove 2 tarps and I find a pallet shrink wrapped with all the ORGINAL- Chrysler factory stamped parts from this 1967 Dodge Coronet RT 440, that he had replaced over the years with OEM Aftermarket parts, along with some other ancillary parts. It is quite a long list with some very neat stuff. Needless to say, I was extremely surprised.

This discovery is what brings me to joining and asking for help from this online Mopar Community . I was praying that this group here could give me some sound advice. I am selling these parts for my Mother to recoup what she lost on the sale of the Coronet. So, if this was your Mother, how would you go about presenting these items for sale? Post them online? Auction House? Local Meets? All at once? Are they really worth anything? Any direction would be appreciated.!
I know my Father would want them on the road as well. She is not looking to make a fortune, but with her past experiences with so called trusted friends. She has entrusted me as her oldest Son, to manage this process for her. I do sincerely apologize if this is not an acceptable form of communication on this forum. It is certainly not my intent to spam anyone. I will list the parts below generically if that helps any group members frame some advice on my situation. Thank you, B BODIES ONLY MEMBERS. I will be sure to pay it forward.
With Respect and Appreciation,
John Jr.

Original Chrysler Factory Stamped Parts

1. RT Side Emblems - Chrysler stamped
2. RT Front Grille Emblem - Chrysler Stamped
3. Chrome Valve Covers - Chrysler Stamped
4. Cam Shaft
5. Arm Rest Pads w/ Cigarette Tray - Pearl White (2)
6. Engine/Lamp Harness
7. Voltage Regulator
8. Diaphragm - Choke Pull Off
9. Oil Pump
10.Water Pump
11. Distributor
12. Steering Wheel w/ Horn Ring and Plate
13. Motor Mounts
14. Door Locks
15. Chrome Window Trims and weather stripping
16. Headlamps
17. Assortment of Orginal Bolts
18. All sorts of clips/ Bolts / bulbs
19. Other Mopar Performace Parts & Gaskets \ ETC.

Welcome John. You've come to the right place. I'm certain pictures of the above parts will be requested.

Wishing all the best to you and your Mother.

Last edited:
Welcome John
Your best bet would be to lot sell it, especially if you're not staying in the hobby. Of particular interest will be the emblems, valve covers, trim, and distributor. You've said the magic words - 67 Coronet R/T. Unfortunately you are going to attract re-sellers, maybe not a bad thing?
Post in the for sale thread on here, as there are a lot of members in E Ohio. Do not post email addresses or phone #'s- common sense.
You do have some valuable original items if they are in VG condition.
And also you may get some grief being a newbie and immediately want to sell parts. Just be straightforward and honest and use the PM (private message) feature when responding. Pictures will be required when you post.
Good luck!

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. Its a shame your mom got taken advantage of by a shyster.

Welcome John
Your best bet would be to lot sell it, especially if you're not staying in the hobby. Of particular interest will be the emblems, valve covers, trim, and distributor. You've said the magic words - 67 Coronet R/T. Unfortunately you are going to attract re-sellers, maybe not a bad thing?
Post in the for sale thread on here, as there are a lot of members in E Ohio. Do not post email addresses or phone #'s- common sense.
You do have some valuable original items if they are in VG condition.
And also you may get some grief being a newbie and immediately want to sell parts. Just be straightforward and honest and use the PM (private message) feature when responding. Pictures will be required when you post.
Good luck!
Thank you for your well thought out reply. My forced hobby is my 3 kids under 7. I will get some pictures together. Thanks, Again.

Welcome John.

I lived in Loveland throughout the 1980s.

Get the part numbers off the emblems... Most 67's wind up with 69 emblems since they are sold as correct but are in fact wrong... True 67 emblems are hard to come by & worth a decent price.... Not huge money but more than most emblems...

Sorry to hear of your dad's passing & to hear his "buddy" turned out to be a opportunistic flipper...

Old for sale thread...

Welcome to FBBO from NY.
Hang around here long enough and you may get the fever yourself.
:lol:

Sincerely, I hope all works out to give you relief from some of the grief you’ve experienced surrounding the loss of your dad. And of mom getting caught in a seemingly vulnerable position after his passing.

You’re a good son stepping up for mom like that IMO.
:thumbsup:

Welcome, your on a good websight.
Like posted above make use of the for sale sections,
They are split up into categories.
Take lots of good pics and do a good description with the good and bad.
Also be prepared as we do have scammers pop up now and then. If you need help pm one of the mods.

Welcome to FBBO from NY.
Hang around here long enough and you may get the fever yourself.
:lol:

Sincerely, I hope all works out to give you relief from some of the grief you’ve experienced surrounding the loss of your dad. And of mom getting caught in a seemingly vulnerable position after his passing.

You’re a good son stepping up for mom like that IMO.
:thumbsup:
Thank you, PlymCrazy. I appreciate the kind words and advice. I always took an interest in Mopar muscle since I was a boy. Just ended up in building technology instead. I will probably hang around either way. I can tell already a good group of folks here.

Welcome, your on a good websight.
Like posted above make use of the for sale sections,
They are split up into categories.
Take lots of good pics and do a good description with the good and bad.
Also be prepared as we do have scammers pop up now and then. If you need help pm one of the mods.
Thank you, 1967Coronet. I sincerely appreciate the direction. I will be sure to take some detailed pictures and part descriptions with information my Father shared with me that I can remember. Anything I should keep an eye out for from the scammer perspective?

Welcome from Fl. Sorry to here the story and hope you can off load the rest of the parts.

Welcome to FBBO

Welcome from Alabama, best of luck with the sale of your parts.

Auto Transport Service
Back