• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new project- B-Body-72 SSP

20141201_112533_resized.jpg
Well, off to paint she goes.
Also, ordered all new interior from Classic Industries. Got upper and lower door panels, rear upper and lower panels, new kick panels, new carpet and more. Should have my Satty SP back from paint around Christmas and I can start on all the interior.

I never order parts from "the big box stores" Year one and Classic since you can get whatever they sell from manufacturers. I buy from Dante for interior since he gives a better discount than Legendary usually. I have a new carpet in the basement waiting to go in along with complete interior material for my 72 SSP.
You do know you have to "build" the upper door panels on these cars right?
Only the patterned material is sold to be glued onto our frames.
Ron

Building from a great foundation there, nice pick up!!

I've got a '72 SS minus P and I'll be following you down this path. 318ci column shift in my case.

Keep the pics coming!! BTW, did some models have an argent coloured grille?

Building from a great foundation there, nice pick up!!

I've got a '72 SS minus P and I'll be following you down this path. 318ci column shift in my case.

Keep the pics coming!! BTW, did some models have an argent coloured grille?

All 72 Satellite Sebrings and Plus's had a non textured argent grill.
Totally auto sells Grill Silver in cans that matches nicely.
RonSatellite1980d.jpg

And looks as sharp as the bumper on these beasts!! RJS, THAT is a cool shot you have there!!!

Interior is back from the upholstery shop and looks great. I'm liking the black compared to the original white. I will put it all in when it gets back from paint.
He are some pictures from the paint shop. It is jammed now and one more coat of primer, one more round of block sanding and then paint hopefully on Wednesday.

Last edited:
WOW, just now seeing this thread. You got one heck of a good looking car there. Can't wait to see it when it comes back from paint.

Pictures from the body shop.

Attachments

• IMG_4923.jpg
    IMG_4923.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG954946.jpg
    IMG954946.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG954950.jpg
    IMG954950.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG954952.jpg
    IMG954952.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG954951.jpg
    IMG954951.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 313
:headbang:Making great progress. Keep us posted as to the progress and don't forget the pictures!!!

Awesome looking, The final put together, ready to go is going to be sweet!

That is gonna look sweet beneath the Christmas tree!

WOW, I love that car, AND your body shop with the pictures there!!!! SWEET looking bad to the bone ride bud!!!

Who did you get your body panels from and how hard were they to get to fit? Finished body work and paint is looking great.

Thanks guys!
Body panels are original to the car. It was very rust free and straight when I bought it.

Body looks relatively straight and clean. I see its jambed, but are you doing the trunk floor and engine bay, also? May I ask what the respray is costing you?

Engine bay was already painted. P.O. pulled the motor and rebuilt it 7 years ago and then it went straight into storage. He removed and replaced the K memebr due to accident. Sandblasted and pianted it and reinstalled. Engine bay was painted while everything was out. Front end was rebuilt and as were all the front brakes/shocks. It looks great under the hood! Very dusty from sitting for 7 years after he did the work, but cleans up nicely. I will post pitcure of it when I get it back and all cleaned up.
Paint job is costing me $5000.00 and he agreed to have it done in 3 weeks. So far I think he is on track to complete on time.

Auto Transport Service
Back