• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new transmission mount doesn't fit

Michael_

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score
I bought a new transmission mount from "energy suspension" because i need to replace mine.
After pulling the old one out we noticed that the new one is 1cm (0,39") HIGHER than the old one. It would only be possible to install that by using force/pressure and it would also move the transmission/driveshaft position.
We do not really feel it would be a good idea to do that.

So is there an alternative? I know the cheap ones do not last very long (at least the cheap engine mounts) so i would like to avoid these.

1969 dodge charger r/t with 440 and 727.

image1.jpeg

image15.jpeg

It woulg be my guess the new mount is the proper dimension, given the old one is pretty well gone! If it fits without the trans hitting the floorpan, I say go for it! ruffcut

It woulg be my guess the new mount is the proper dimension, given the old one is pretty well gone! If it fits without the trans hitting the floorpan, I say go for it! ruffcut

It's not fitting without forcing and squeezing. It's possible but it does not feel right and would move the whole transmission/driveshaft 0,39" higher.

You bought the wrong part for your survivor Charger. Get a stock replacement. That urethane mount is for a hotrod

You bought the wrong part for your survivor Charger. Get a stock replacement. That urethane mount is for a hotrod

Do you know where i can get a HIGH QUALITY stock replacement?

READ the label, dated 3/98

Well that's still 25 years but it looks to be in great condition.
Assuming there is no better aftermarket part: Would you be selling it and if so for how much?

Well that's still 25 years but it looks to be in great condition.
Assuming there is no better aftermarket part: Would you be selling it and if so for how much?
Not for sale in this thread.

Look in the Marketplace as per the site rules.....in about 5 minutes.

Considering the brand new replacements are also made in Korea. Why would that one be any better?

Auto Transport Service
Back