• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New transmission mount, what is the T-slot for?

Canadian1968

Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
I just ordered a new transmission mount for my 727 , in my 68 charger.

I haven't pulled the old one out yet, but looking at the new one I don't know if i remember a T- slot in the old one ( I just had the transmission down last year.)

Maybe it is there, if so what is it for ?

20230729_183411.jpg

I dont remember any t slot but I Googled and I see the after market ones have it. I would think that would be a weak spot of the mount. I did see some with metal on top also.
1690680754064.png

I just ordered a new transmission mount for my 727 , in my 68 charger.

I haven't pulled the old one out yet, but looking at the new one I don't know if i remember a T- slot in the old one ( I just had the transmission down last year.)

Maybe it is there, if so what is it for ?

View attachment 1501750
The way they designed that mount, the side with the stud is solely supported by the rubber which is vulcanized to the other half which bolts to the crossmember. The slot is just a physical separation of the two halves. If the rubber went up to fill the slot it would transfer more vibration and not do its job.
Mike

The way they designed that mount, the side with the stud is solely supported by the rubber which is vulcanized to the other half which bolts to the crossmember. The slot is just a physical separation of the two halves. If the rubber went up to fill the slot it would transfer more vibration and not do its job.
Mike

Hmmm interesting ! And even the oem.did have a slot in it as well .

Mike
Spot on Mike. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back