• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My peve about hood pins

no they were not , that's why there is nothing provided on the hood to go by
mine is a factory air grabber hood but since this topic was brought up , I would like to know the correct spots for the 6bbl hood ( I am useing hinges )

mine is a factory air grabber hood but since this topic was brought up , I would like to know the correct spots for the 6bbl hood ( I am useing hinges )

I'll be putting a 6pack hood on my car soon and was wondering about that as well. I thought it'd be where the hood bumpers are located but have yet to confirm how that will work. I'll be using the stock hinges with lighter springs keeping the latch.

691DCB8A-54BC-4329-B570-DD83690B0254.jpeg
691DCB8A-54BC-4329-B570-DD83690B0254.jpeg
15E5CF8B-BAB0-4E41-B32D-60CEB3A1E5DE.jpeg
I'll be putting a 6pack hood on my car soon and was wondering about that as well. I thought it'd be where the hood bumpers are located but have yet to confirm how that will work. I'll be using the stock hinges with lighter springs keeping the latch.
I took these pics at the Carlisle show

So it looks like post #16 & #24 show it being in the same location. That would be factory correct for all '69 6pack hoods?

Last edited:
Threewood, sorry I didn’t see that post 16 earlier I either skipped over it somehow or my phone didn’t update post or something . Anyhow , thanks for the info

Auto Transport Service
Back