• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Princess Auto Blast Cabinet! Lots Of Pictures!!

Funny you guys should mention that grounding thing. I had that on Saturday. Kept shocking my arm when I was blasting. So I never looked into that yet. Whats the answer grounding the vacuum to the cabinet?? Or just the hose? From the hose to the vacuum??

Looking really good Stan! More industrial than mine. So where did you get the gun housing?? Like I said I'm going to get a 45 degree elbow if and make it work if this gun doesn't pan out.

Ok ok Stan I see you ran a ground wire from the electrical box to the hose/tube??

The static comes from moving such a quantity of dry air, like an airplane at speed builds a static charge on the hull. I just took a booster cable and clipped it to the cabinet and my water hydrant that's 6' into the ground beside the cabinet. NO more sparked nuts when leaning against the cabinet.

The gun ... these are real cheapie siphon blaster guns - usually like $19.99 or so. Sold in many auto parts shops, flea markets, etc, etc. Maybe CT or Princess but I didn't see one on Princess website.

Anyhow, I just use the front end and chuck the rest and make a copper elbow to replace the handle (air feed).

149605.jpg

Untitled.png

So I could just run a piece of wire/cable for flexibility to the junction box?? I wonder if I ran it to the steel siding in my garage would that work??
No fire hydrant Wayne. My bad. lol

So I could just run a piece of wire/cable for flexibility to the junction box?? I wonder if I ran it to the steel siding in my garage would that work??
No fire hydrant Wayne. My bad. lol
Yah a wire from cabinet to a grounded metal electric box would do it. The siding maybe not, as I doubt anyone grounded the siding.

The wire I used looks a lot like picture hanging wire only its copper. Its so thin i fits behind the wall plate. But I only ground the plastic vac pipe - not my cabinet. You may want a heavier ground for that.

Now that I think of it, my cabinet is probably grounded through my light fixture - which is screwed to the cabinet. Maybe you could do the same !!

LOL !! Actually the cab isn't grounded, just the lines into the vac. I never really had an issue but watching some Youtube vids it looked like a good idea. I imagine in a woodshop static could result in a fire.

More like an explosion! I have bare bonding wire running through all of my wood dust collection hoses. I never had a problem with static on my PA blaster cabinet, just dust and hairline moisture issues. I taped all of the seams with metal duct tin tape and added a small dryer at the airline inlet which worked like a charm. I ended up replacing the fluorescent light with a glass floodlight which helped a lot. I like the the foot pedal and nozzle idea as well as the cyclone and central vac unit. My 30 year old craftsman shop vac and 5 gallon collector bucket does a decent job though.

My 30 year old craftsman shop vac and 5 gallon collector bucket does a decent job though.

Nothing wrong with that ! I only decided on the central vac unit 'cause the shop vac bit the dust and the central vac is up out of the way.

Auto Transport Service
Back