• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Myles Goodwin won’t be down for breakfast.

Sahara

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
Way North Canada. Polar Bear shaped license plates
Dang, never thought I’d start one of these posts, but here goes.
He was the founder of iconic Canadian rock band April Wine.
For those of us growing up in the seventies in Canada April Wine played the soundtrack of our youth. I was initially drawn to their original hard rock, nearly heavy metal sound but they later found much more commercial success with a more radio friendly sound.
And unlike virtually every other Canadian band, they were from maritime Canada, more known for spawning Celtic style folk bands.

RIP April Wine still receives a lot of play on our local oldies station

R.I.P.

RIP Myles , seen them in NY when I a teen.

First time I saw them was in St. Louis 1979 - first concert I ever went to. They opened for Styx.

I'll never forget them opening with Oowatanite. The arena was dark except for a red strobe over the drum kit as he rang the cymbal.

I still like hearing their music. I saw them in February of '81. They opened for Nazareth that night.

R.I.P.

Wow, sad news. I just read his autobiography a couple years ago. Cool guy, great music!

Auto Transport Service
Back