• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Myles Goodwin won’t be down for breakfast.

Wow, sad news. I just read his autobiography a couple years ago. Cool guy, great music!
I just got his autobiography a while ago, as well. I was impressed by his honesty and how he talked about his own and his band members strengths and struggles without ego or malice.

Wow! April Wine was awesome. One of my earliest favorite bands!

RIP Myles!

Aw, man.

I tried like hell to see them a few years ago about 45 min from where I grew up, in of all venues, an indoor go kart track.
Had to miss it because my wife had a side business show out of town.

EXTREMELY underrated band and talent.

Peace be with you Myles, on your "Journey To The Stars".

...and yeah, I Like To Rock, too.

Last edited:
Dang, never thought I’d start one of these posts, but here goes.
He was the founder of iconic Canadian rock band April Wine.
For those of us growing up in the seventies in Canada April Wine played the soundtrack of our youth. I was initially drawn to their original hard rock, nearly heavy metal sound but they later found much more commercial success with a more radio friendly sound.
And unlike virtually every other Canadian band, they were from maritime Canada, more known for spawning Celtic style folk bands.
McClean and McClean were also from the Maritimes I believe.

This was the song that got me hooked on April Wine in 1981.

This album. It’s hard to find but if you like hard driving rock then this is one to get. If they did no other album then this I would still be a huge fan. All of their stuff after this, while still great, was more radio oriented.
IMG_0089.png

He had a pretty good classic car collection, too.

Can't find it now, too many death stories to sift through.

McClean and McClean were also from the Maritimes I believe.
McLean and McLean were from Glace Bay, Nova Scotia iirc and were more of a comedy act than a rock band. I was under the impression that April Wine were based in Montreal Quebec ? Either way great talents and may they RIP.

McLean and McLean were from Glace Bay, Nova Scotia iirc and were more of a comedy act than a rock band. I was under the impression that April Wine were based in Montreal Quebec ? Either way great talents and may they RIP.
I was only saying they were from the Maritimes.

Ninety nine percent sure they were newfies. I would check in Myles biography but it’s at home in the NWT and I’m in Mexico until Christmas.
**** edit **** I checked online, Myles was from New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.

Looks like AW was just inducted to Canadas version of the Hollywood sidewalk star in October of '23 and Myles was there.

Dang.

Auto Transport Service
Back