• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery gauge?

CherryBomb

Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
Pulled my gauge cluster to clean it up and get a better look under the dash, and noticed something obviously out of place. The temp and oil pressure gauge is sideways… clearly this gauge is out of some other vehicle as I found images of what it should look like online. Any guesses as to what the last guy stuck in there? Any chance at all that this gauge will be electroluminescent, or am I screwed?

I found these gauge faces from Classic Industries that I’d be happy to but, but if the illumination is wrong I’ll need to find a correct gauge first.

Once this is sorted I’ll be getting the new cluster surround, glove box door and lenses to make everything look nice and new. Already got the new dash pad and will be repainting the dash structure.

IMG_9428.jpeg

The 67-69 Barracudas has gauge clusters with gauges like that. They had what looked like 1/4 sized gauges that fit at 12:00, 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00.
It never occurred to me to pull them from one model and try to fit them into another!

Last edited:
Have seen a lot of ODD stuff added to the clusters. This is a good one. Todd's Restorations can help you with correcting this. @Skatpak

Kinda looks like gauges robbed from a 1970 Cuda/Challenger rally dash as the layout and font look the same.

1691349156008.png

I'm happy to help. PM me and I'll give you my website.

you couldnt tell him what it was to? We all would like to know.
Ive posted it many, many, many, many, times in my posts of the work I do, in my contributions to the site, every time I do I get in trouble.

Auto Transport Service
Back