• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mystery part for 73 Roadrunner

Trench

Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score
I know this was on the inner fender on the left but I don't have any pictures showing where it was located. May best guess is it was for covering the wire harness or maybe the brake line... Any help would be much appreciated.

IMG_20200830_173938.jpg IMG_20200830_173946.jpg IMG_20200830_174229.jpg

Looks like the piece under the carpet, on the inner rocker.

Have one similar on my 74 to cover the wiring just under the washer bottle. My 73 was kinda hidden by the washer bottle but you can see where the wiring sneaks under in the cover.

IMG_0819.JPG
IMG_0693.JPG

Have one similar on my 74 to cover the wiring just under the washer bottle. My 73 was kinda hidden by the washer bottle but you can see where the wiring sneaks under in the cover.
Thanks, I have the same plastic cover as well. I thought maybe this piece would go where the wires pass behind the battery but I can't see how it would attach or stay there.

Mystery Solved!
I found it in this old picture, it goes over the brake line but way lower that I was looking.
Thanks for all the help looking!

Metal Cover Placement.jpg

Interesting. My 74 does not have that but it does have a metal shield on the frame.

Auto Transport Service
Back