• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name that hubcap

Well, in a fit of pique, I threw a spanner at the bonnet laying against the garage (what's Kiwi for garage?), and it fell to earth, and was grounded.
A garage is a garage. :lol:

1665883266463.png

Just what is your reason for being here?
For many reasons.....least of all to post random political and controversial topics that no-one really wants to get involved in.

I'm here for the cars, and the friends I have made along the way. Early on in my membership, I was offered the chance to help keep things in line....offer my time to keep things tidy here. I also pick up the odd piece that I am searching for - whether it be for myself, or my buddy out here who doesn't get time to spend online like I do. I can assure you, I spend a lot more time on here for others than I do for my own personal gain......by a long chalk. I'm not even going to begin to brag about stuff I do.....others already know that.

Greg aka @Kern Dog and I are by no means 'pals' as you put it, but I would certainly enjoy, and look forward to the day when I can sit down with him and have a beer....along with a great many others here at FBBO.

1665884096695.png

You know....I never actually thought that a Hub Cap and Wheel Cover were specific to the application. It does make sense though.
Regarding Auggie.....
That guy seems to have a good heart but his atrocious spelling and grammar mistakes annoyed me so much, I just had to tune the guy out.
AAAAaand to YOU, Roger....
While I don't drink beer, I'll bet with us in a social setting and on even ground, we would probably get along quite well. I suspect that we are far more alike than apart when considering humor and politics.
I understand that you have to lay down the law when you see fit. I hold no grudges against you on those matters.

AAAAaand to YOU, Roger....
While I don't drink beer, I'll bet with us in a social setting and on even ground, we would probably get along quite well. I suspect that we are far more alike than apart when considering humor and politics.
I understand that you have to lay down the law when you see fit. I hold no grudges against you on those matters.
:lowdown: :lowdown: :lowdown:

:thumbsup:

Oh that's quite impressive, in my experience with you it's a lie and you know it. Don't waist my time or space on this form with responding.

Hubcap? I only see wheel covers. Hub caps cover the lugs only, wheel covers cover the wheel.

Oh that's quite impressive, in my experience with you it's a lie and you know it. Don't waist my time or space on this form with responding.
So the grammar police guy on the hubcaps, is wasting time and space on this forum by mis-spelling waste. Hmmmm..... :lol:

So the grammar police guy on the hubcaps, is wasting time and space on this forum by mis-spelling waste. Hmmmm..... :lol:
Never ever corrected someones grammar, and this wasn't a violation of it. I just corrected the terminology of which was which. :poke:

Last edited:
Parents' 67 & 68 Fury 1 & 3s cabs had those back in early 70s.

I had the identical wheel covers on my 1969 survivor GTX I owned in the 1990s. The car was originally owned by a middle aged gentleman in Richmond, VA, who only drove it to NASCAR races. During the week, his wife used it as a daily driver. It had factory A/C and a treasure trove of luxury options, along with white line tires. The first month I owned the car, I ditched the factory wheels and covers, replacing them with Magnum 500s, and Goodyear Eagle STs. The car came on the market decades later, still wearing the Magnums.

I haven’t been getting notifications on this thread. I see you guys have been busy since I last checked in on this one.
:lol:

Some people just aren’t as educated, what would they do with a spanner, bonnet…
Is is safe to assume you’re referencing automotive tools when you mention spanner and bonnet? Don’t believe I’ve ever heard an automotive tool I’ve ever used named either of those. But I’m no professional auto mechanic. I’m not beyond being educated here. In fact, I welcome it.

In my line of work…

A spanner
1670177640813.jpeg

A bonnet is the area of a valve circled here

0FF13BCD-0469-4882-8DC9-7B0B2C5A2CAE.jpeg

Here’s another one I have on my garage wall.
9F750164-A857-4E86-B337-6C6F2AB645F1.jpeg

Is is safe to assume you’re referencing automotive tools when you mention spanner and bonnet? Don’t believe I’ve ever heard an automotive tool I’ve ever used named either of those. But I’m no professional auto mechanic. I’m not beyond being educated here. In fact, I welcome it.

In my line of work…

A spanner
View attachment 1382468

A bonnet is the area of a valve circled here

View attachment 1382469
Those are English words
Boot is a trunk.
Bonnet—-hood
Spanner is a wrench
Earth means grounding the battery.

1670179516519.png

1C (2).JPG

3 200.jpg

1amdlbs (2).JPG

Those wheel covers were on my '70 Charger when I bought it.

14 B.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back