• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Naming the car.....Who has done this?

Hoss

DCP_0019.JPG

Never actually "named" a car. But years ago I called my regular car, a Gran Torino a "toad runner" cause it was green and slow. But, comfortable. Whilst my weekend car was of course, my road runner.

The Charger of my youth was Jessica (after Jessica Rabbit). Now my Coronet is Nadine (currently in primer, soon to be in R1 Burgundy)... another red head.

upload_2020-5-3_9-7-40.png

upload_2020-5-3_9-8-21.png

Yeah, a few names over the years. Skully,GTXR,Dust Ya,Big,Great White Whale,RELiC,Used Parts.
Many that never had a name,that I can remember...

My wife named her Cora, so Cora it is!!
20190413_142804 (2).jpg

I like the name F-Red because the car is Friggin RED. It would be pronounced FRed.
The Wife hates that name though.
I like Charlene , a variation of CHRISTINE but not evil or vindictive.
I'm still mulling it over though.
Rose.

I called my truck Bo DERICK. Because it’s a 10. But my granddaughter call it Stripes
B064349F-D27B-475C-B20E-52E4CBA4A089.jpeg

An old friend named my 1979 Volare station wagon The Bumblebee because the /6 and single exhaust sounded like a beehive when accelerating.

Since my Dakota R/T is actually the millennium model ('00) it has been reffered to as the Millennium Falcon as well.

I did actually call my 70 Super Bee the Millennium Falcon a few times on account of the fast Kessel Run times and the fact I had asked several times for it to hold together.

Mine goes by the 440 because it's a 1964 dodge 440 and the engine is a 440. So it is 440

I've had a couple of A body Barracuda's with the names Jill and Monte. Both after the person I purchased the car from.

My road runner is named Fran after the legendary Fran Tarkenton. Instead of the "Purple people eaters", it's the "Purple Chevy eater"
IMG_20150427_155529_342.jpg

My 73 SSB is paint code Y1 and is been call "Canary "
When I bought this over the phone in 1974 I told my self I do not like yellow and the price is right I will paint it
Has been painted three times same yellow and will once more when it gets back on the road

We never really named our cars but my dad told me that back in the day that my uncle had an old dodge station wagon that was rotted out, dark green, etc. They called it the Garbage Wagon.

Auto Transport Service
Back