• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nationals. Hebron (Columbus) Ohio 8/11-8-13-2023.

I'm a bit curious.
I was at this show in 2004. I have noticed that in the past, both this show and Carlisle seemed to get similar attendance.
It seems like this year, the Ohio show isn't getting the same amount of chatter online. It looks like this is the only thread about the show and it isn't nearly as busy as the 2 or 3 Carlisle threads that were covering that event.
Why?
Is it burnout? Did enthusiasts go all out for Pennsylvania and leave too little for Ohio?

I'm a bit curious................Did enthusiasts go all out for Pennsylvania and leave too little for Ohio?
Hello Greg, the NATS is still holding ground but it has shrunk over the years but not by much. It will always be weather proof, attendance proof, participant proof etc. It's just that Carlisle is just way bigger and way more organized. More categories for participants. But the NATS has it's own perks as well. I guess it doesn't help that it follows the Carlisle event.

My 2¢ :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm a bit curious.
I was at this show in 2004. I have noticed that in the past, both this show and Carlisle seemed to get similar attendance.
It seems like this year, the Ohio show isn't getting the same amount of chatter online. It looks like this is the only thread about the show and it isn't nearly as busy as the 2 or 3 Carlisle threads that were covering that event.
Why?
Is it burnout? Did enthusiasts go all out for Pennsylvania and leave too little for Ohio?
The Nats draw was always the "after show" happenings. The cruising brice, heath, etc.. I'm not sure if any of that happens anymore. I haven't been there for a while, but I hear buckeye lake still has some cruising and fun.

I was hoping Captain Mopar would make a appearance.

captain_mopar.jpg
c

I felt attendance was down overall. That said there was still lots of great parts for next to nothing. The nightlife is dead nothing like it was 15 years ago. The track looks like some areas were abandoned with 4 foot tall weeds, piles of millings dumped around, grass clippings piled 2 feet high along the chain link fence. I will attend as long as the show is around cause I don't get to see much at Carlisle and I always find incredible parts.

IMO think the difference between Carlisle & Mopar Nats, is how its promoted. The Mopar Nats is just an event that goes on year after year, nothing really changing. Now, Carlisle.... they want it to be the best. Have heard its more organized, attention to detail. Watched a short video of the man that runs Carlisle, he is passionate, his goal is to see a larger car count every year.

Do the "Mopar Nats" have a showfield package for a car and two people like Carlisle has ?

Do the "Mopar Nats" have a showfield package for a car and two people like Carlisle has ?
Not that I know of… The show field is not organized in any fashion. You buy the spot and driver gets in and tries to find a space. All other occupants are charged accordingly.

Enjoyed the Show. Pickup trucks bring cool cars. Never did find the fun field. Drag racing a real bonus. The guys with high dollar car who red-lighted! A lot.

3AE9EACB-0AD4-400D-9CA2-88DA370ACA2B.jpeg

6393C6D7-E5AD-4BA9-8F6D-942BE57590A6.jpeg

69E5217E-CB49-4996-9A5C-EB407C7506F5.jpeg

E667B614-FCBE-4FDD-B192-4134AEEA78C6.jpeg

3E4358CB-1EED-4AAC-9ED3-0125052CF103.jpeg

I just passed that blue dart on a trailer and the black plymouth on rt70 in bellevernon an hour ago.

I was a routine participant in Indy, then when they moved back to Columbus in '98. Big advantage of the Nats is twofold: the track, and the evening fun. Haven't been back in a few years now. However, Brice road is nothing anymore, but friends told me Heath had some action the chrysler dealer held burnouts in the lot.

I know times change, but I can remember when brice on Saturday night during the Nats was mopar mecca. It didn't get any better.
I was a routine participant in Indy, then when they moved back to Columbus in '98. Big advantage of the Nats is twofold: the track, and the evening fun. Haven't been back in a few years now. However, Brice road is nothing anymore, but friends told me Heath had some action the chrysler dealer held burnouts in the lot.

I know times change, but I can remember when brice on Saturday night during the Nats was mopar mecca. It didn't get any better.
Oh, it certainly was. Especially when the yellow car burst into flames doing a burnout in the Red Roof parking lot. I was right next to it.

Last edited:
Oh, it certainly was. Especially when the yellow car burst into flames doing a burnout in the Red Roof parking lot. I was tight next to it.
I remember that! And the two police choppers flying around the red roof inn with the spotlights on like a riot scene. It was great. The one ohio state tropper told me out of all the car events "you mopar people are the worst." I just patted him on his shoulder and walked to my hotel room.

I remember that! And the two police choppers flying around the red roof inn with the spotlights on like a riot scene. It was great. The one ohio state tropper told me out of all the car events "you mopar people are the worst." I just patted him on his shoulder and walked to my hotel room.
Ha, ha! That's funny. And after that car was pushed to the back of their lot, people including myself started throwing money in the car to help the poor owner of the car. That's those "worst" Mopar people.

Anyone happen to get any info off this cars for sale sign

Screenshot_20230813_232254_Chrome.jpg

Anyone happen to get any info off this cars for sale sign

View attachment 1509540
Was listed for 75k on Friday afternoon but I seem to recall it initially was asking 79k. Cool car but the details were lacking with the paint job: paint on cowl seems to be over many pitted areas, shock and UCA bolts painted, fuel filler tube painted over, etc. Large gap/poor alignment on the drivers fender and door. Nice interior. Could be a good car still, but seeing the detail issues I'd first look this car over top to bottom on a lift and so on before making an offer.

Was listed for 75k on Friday afternoon but I seem to recall it initially was asking 79k. Cool car but the details were lacking with the paint job: paint on cowl seems to be over many pitted areas, shock and UCA bolts painted, fuel filler tube painted over, etc. Large gap/poor alignment on the drivers fender and door. Nice interior. Could be a good car still, but seeing the detail issues I'd first look this car over top to bottom on a lift and so on before making an offer.
Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back