• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Near calamity today

Mike Szadaj

Local time
7:26 AM
Reaction score
A bolt on one of the rollers came loose. Because the top of the door is connected to the opener, that prevented the door from falling on my RT. Had it back in place in 30 minutes. It missed the top of the car by a foot

IMG_2730.jpeg

So happy your car is good. I would of lost it. Scary crap right there.

A bolt on one of the rollers came loose. Because the top of the door is connected to the opener, that prevented the door from falling on my RT. Had it back in place in 30 minutes. It missed the top of the car by a foot

View attachment 1595491
That is what I call LUCKY.... I would rather fix the door in cold weather than have to wait to fix the topside of my car!

Dang....you got some of my kind of luck there, Mike.

Time to buy a lottery ticket while the luck is running good.

Glad to hear it didn't hit the car. I once used a 440 2.08 inch intake valve to replace a broken garage door roller until I could get a new one!

I run around every year, check and tighten every nut on my garage door in hopes of that not happening. You got lucky!!!

Good idea!! You can only tighten them so much, before, if you not careful, they strip out.
Well I was kinda kidding.
Use blue if you're going that route.
Or maybe nylock nuts

Well I was kinda kidding.
Use blue if you're going that route.
At least they won't back out, that's a good thing.
I use this to keep things moving freely. It doesn’t attract dust like WD-40. I've witnessed this free up a locked up old tractor that had been left outside forever. Water had run down the exhaust and it was shot as far as I was concerned. He shot it everyday for a week, it freed up and it ran.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FSEH9M...&pd_rd_r=a9df9c07-f2cc-44b0-a98c-becb2d84ddba

Last edited:
Glad to hear it didn't hit the car. I once used a 440 2.08 inch intake valve to replace a broken garage door roller until I could get a new one!
Good one!! Don't think I would have thought of that.....

Last winter my 14x12 shop door came off the track. I was trying to get it back when all hell broke loose and I found myself on the floor under 3 panels. Let me tell you, they are heavy.

Auto Transport Service
Back