• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Near One 3-point seat belts

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score
1969 Dodge Coronet R/T.

I installed a nice set of 3-point seat belts for bucket seats (Part #MN727BLKU) from Near One (yes, I mean Year One). They look great; I wish I could say they fit great, too. The problem is the latch side that goes between the console and the seat bottom is too short. Dang near trapped myself in the car when I buckled the seat belt to see how it worked.

So, has anybody else had any trouble with their seat belts?

Here's a photo of the part in question:

mn727blku.jpg

*****8-26-13 UPDATE*****

I contacted Year One. Their solution was either return for refund (at my own expense) or ship the two 12" belts to the manufacturer in Florida (also at my expense) who would custom make the belts but not the plastic sleeves.

*****8-26-13 UPDATE #2*****

I crawled under the Coronet to look at the bolt holes for the front seat belt anchors on the tranny hump. Whoever owned the car before me had replaced the front and rear floor pans and welded the seat belt mounts in the wrong place. One is about 3/8" farther forward than the other and they are both about 3" shy of where they ought to be. So, I guess I'll get some custom buckle belts made.

P.S. I removed my rant about Year One since it wasn't there fault and I've cooled down now.

Last edited:
Let us know the end results. In particular the retractor and ease of use. I'm using the XV 3 points in the 69 Coronet and would replace them if there is a better product out there. Tired of feeding belts back in. Maybe they just don't work with the seats I have.

Let us know the end results. In particular the retractor and ease of use. I'm using the XV 3 points in the 69 Coronet and would replace them if there is a better product out there. Tired of feeding belts back in. Maybe they just don't work with the seats I have.

*****9-1-13 UPDATE #3*****

I got the belts installed today. I had to drill holes in the new floor pans to get the 12 inch latch side close enough to the seat. I cannot understand how anyone could be three inches off even eyeballing those bolt hole locations.

Anyway, they look great and work well. You have to push them aside to get into the back seat. The OEM style buckles are a little heavy but the springs are strong enough on the retractors to reel them all the way in. I'll post some photos later.

Last edited:
They ride a little high on the neck (I'm 5'8"). They retract well now but may not when they get older since the buckles are kind of heavy.

Here are some photos I took tonight. Better late than never.

Seat belts.jpgSeat belts-001.jpgSeat belts-002.jpgSeat belts-003.jpgSeat belts-004.jpgSeat belts-005.jpgSeat belts-006.jpg

I would NOT buy anything from Year One. I have always had problems; customer service is terrible.

Mabe late into this but I got a set for a 68 for my 67 and a kit to mount for a rustang.... I plan to move the mounting to suit my height 6'2" and because a 67 doesn't have a shoulder strap only the lap I will locate the mount where it suites me comfortable... there may have been a reason for the mount being moved is all

- - - Updated - - -

1407883271267.jpg1407883325791.jpg1407883374895.jpg1407883424840.jpg
Pg classics.. and there as good or better than oem.

Auto Transport Service
Back