• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a Pic,Big block 440 in 74 B Body

268RTs4ME

Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
I am in need of a pic of a big block 440 in a 74 b body,actually need pic because I want to put the stock valve covers back on car and need the pic of the valve covers to see if I have a correct set, have MTs on right now. Thanks

i think have an extra set of the MOPAR chrome valve covers

they look like this
!BfdphvgBGk~$(KGrHqQH-DYErf3crCHnBLBY1)UgDw~~_12.jpg

othewise i think the factory ones were just painted not chrome

Doh, my bad, totally missed the valve cover part of the deal. Yep, they would've been engine color, (turquoise). You know me, can't resist a chance to post a pic....

Didn't the block color change to orange in 69??? I think turquoise was 68 and back?? :grin:

74 color should be torquoise,thats original color on my block, book says t color. was looking for pics of original valve covers bolted on a 440, so I can make sure I have or have to find the correct ones, Still would like to see another pic. Thanks

For some reason or another I remember all the 1974 440 engines that I've ever seen were Blue. I definitely remember a 74 Charger that I pulled out an original engine out and rebuilt for a customer, it was also a Blue.

Auto Transport Service
Back