• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice ASAP!! Shop got black grease/dirt streaks, marks on my yellow fabric seats. Cleaner??

My polyester or nylon or similar man made fabric that covers the majority of my Scat Procar yellow and black bucket seats has black fingerprints, streaks, and other grease or "shop grime" marks on them. They were out of the car for most of the shop time, but DAMN!
Anyway, I can test an "inconspicuous area" to see if there are any negative effects (other than weakening the material) of any cleaning products or techniques that may be recommended by any of you and I absolve all advisors who offer sincere recommendations for a way to clean them.
Here's a couple of older pix. Just imagine shop funk grease marks on my beautiful yellow fabric.
:mad::mob::soapbox: PLEASE HELP!

View attachment 1009576 View attachment 1009577
I use C60 cleaner by SPRAYAWAY. It works amazingly well. Good luck. https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...i3le2p36LsAhUSCs0KHeIwDasQ9aACegQIDBB3&adurl=

Good name brand electronic parts cleaner / non- chlorine brake clean , spray on clean white cotton cloth & dab grease spots - go slow, do not be aggressive rubbing it in further ! Soft toothbrush etc. if necessary, read ingredients for percoetholene ? ( chem used for dry cleaning delicate clothing @ dry cleaners ) - my go to as needed , always start with mildest cleaners first though - as mentioned 1*dawn dish soap - 2*tuff stuff foam upholstery spray - 3*wax & grease remover - 4*chemical cleaners as above , you never want to get the scrub brush and put elbow grease to it - slow and easy with clean absorbent towels and soft brush , don't soak it - take your time - keep vac handy and pull all dirt out- once dry Good ( could be the next day ?), then get a stiffer brush and open the fibers up and blend them back to original look - patience and find what works on that stain - loosen and remove it , don't grind it in ☠ - then you might want to top it w/protectant (ie: scotchguard) ? Ahhh - seat covers, blanket when going for service ?? I've BEEN ASKED B4 , OFTEN !

Super Clean carried by Walmart. Approved for laundry use. Really good degreaser.

582468__1__04368.1596063694.jpg

I'm sorry why isn't a pistol and the guys who finger s match a suggestion! I'd have that shop clean this seat! They can hire in a professional. If it's not clean then they need to recover the seats (both so they match! )
A local bmw dealer got the seats in my brothers wife's aunt's car nasty it was a cloth something. They tried cleaning made it worse then they said it was there before they got it .... Then they said they would replace the upholstery witch it didn't match the second seat at all so after me leaning on them a bit I got them to replace the second seat upholstery and back seat as it was faded compared to the new fronts !

As being a dealer mechanic let me tell you how strict they are about being clean in customer s cars if you can't move the car out you call someone else. On cars that weren't leather I never moved them.i called a porter to move the car . I had one customer who complained once about his seat said we got something on it . Told him no he said yes . In the end I think it was a jizz stain from his kid the night before!
He finally left !

Make them clean it

I'm sorry why isn't a pistol and the guys who finger s match a suggestion!
Because I need that particular shop to tweak the work done, and to do some more work on my wife's GTO, and probably some more work for me in the future, and that won't happen if I take them to task over the seats
I'll cover and/or remove them next time.

My polyester or nylon or similar man made fabric that covers the majority of my Scat Procar yellow and black bucket seats has black fingerprints, streaks, and other grease or "shop grime" marks on them. They were out of the car for most of the shop time, but DAMN!
Anyway, I can test an "inconspicuous area" to see if there are any negative effects (other than weakening the material) of any cleaning products or techniques that may be recommended by any of you and I absolve all advisors who offer sincere recommendations for a way to clean them.
Here's a couple of older pix. Just imagine shop funk grease marks on my beautiful yellow fabric.
:mad::mob::soapbox: PLEASE HELP!

View attachment 1009576 View attachment 1009577
I found some stuff years ago called "oil eater" you will have to look it up in local hardware stores.. cleaned up my fabric well and no spots or stains..

Bio, Your car and your decision. However, if a customer came back and showed me the condition of that beautiful upholstery after it left my shop, I would immediately have a professional detailer come in and clean it while I took you to lunch. Then, out of your earshot, I would take my guy to task for letting that happen. That's how a good reputation gets started, or maintained, and how mechanics learn to turn out good work...:)

Here's your update.....

starting fluid
Dawn, soap, warm water
Wax/Grease Remover
Spot-Shot
All-Off
magic eraser
grease- off
Spray 9
Gojo hand cleaner
Simple Green
Krud Kutter
store brand” degreaser that the Dollar Store sells
Brakleen
Carbo-Trichlor
engine degreaser
stoddard sovent
Perchloroethylene, perc
Liquid Tide solution
C60 cleaner by SPRAYAWAY
brand name electronic parts cleaner.....non- chlorine brake clean
Super Clean, by Walmart
Mopar super clean
oil eater
McGuiar's Super degreaser

Good Luck on the outcome.....:thumbsup:

Here's your update.....

starting fluid
Dawn, soap, warm water
Wax/Grease Remover
Spot-Shot
All-Off
magic eraser
grease- off
Spray 9
Gojo hand cleaner
Simple Green
Krud Kutter
store brand” degreaser that the Dollar Store sells
Brakleen
Carbo-Trichlor
engine degreaser
stoddard sovent
Perchloroethylene, perc
Liquid Tide solution
C60 cleaner by SPRAYAWAY
brand name electronic parts cleaner.....non- chlorine brake clean
Super Clean, by Walmart
Mopar super clean
oil eater
McGuiar's Super degreaser

Good Luck on the outcome.....:thumbsup:
Forgot the best.:D Let a pro clean it.

So I guess I'll take all of that, and mix it all together, and use the resulting product! I haven't tried anything yet, but I will give a report w/before and after pix.

You know anyone, with one of those little Bissel, furniture cleaners? And if, no, a small wet/dry vac, remove bag, set up for wet service, spray a little detergent on the spot, above list, a little spray of water, agitate the spot with a small brush, spray a little more water, draw it out with the vac, repeat with water spray, and vac 4 or 5 times until detergent and stain are gone. No different than carpet cleaning.

Using a wet/dry vacuum makes sense regardless of what cleaning solution I use. Thanks

I have found that Tub O' Towls hand cleaning towls takes stains out of almost anything....and, I mean anything!!! I drug a greasy part across my truck seats...BOOM!! took it right out!! My buddy had a funky white stain on his black suede SRT seats...BOOM!!! Took it right out....these things clean your hands and, everything else!!

Tub O' Towls
I had never heard of that, but looking it up, it seems pretty effective and versatile!
So I'll take my blend of all of the things that have been suggested, but now I'll put that concoction on a Tub O' Towls wipe, because ya never know!

Because I need that particular shop to tweak the work done, and to do some more work on my wife's GTO, and probably some more work for me in the future, and that won't happen if I take them to task over the seats
I'll cover and/or remove them next time.

If you trust that shop that well I would definitely let them know what happened with the seat. I believe in giving someone a second chance but that last visit needs some real attention so it doesn't happen again to anyones car. The tech that was responsible is a real slob and should have taken up plumbing not automotive. I would second guess just what kind of a job he preformed mechanically on your car.

I have found that Tub O' Towls hand cleaning towls takes stains out of almost anything....and, I mean anything!!! I drug a greasy part across my truck seats...BOOM!! took it right out!! My buddy had a funky white stain on his black suede SRT seats...BOOM!!! Took it right out....these things clean your hands and, everything else!!
These towels take out stains with a loud explosion?

Auto Transport Service
Back