• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need broadcast sheet axle code number - 318/auto/8.25/2.76 gears

Chris Many

Local time
6:19 PM
Reaction score
I am current restoring the rear end on my 1970 FM3 Satellite Conv. I am trying to reproduce the 3 digit axle part number that was stamped on it, but it wasn't legible enough to make out. The code would be the same as what is on the broadcast sheet. Unfortunately, that area of my broadcast sheet is partially damaged. All I know is that it ends in a "3". I have a list of codes for a charger, but 318's aren't on the list.

My car has:

318-2bbl, A904 auto, 8-1/4 rear end, 2.76:1 ratio, drum brakes.

Broadcast Sheet axle.jpg

D51 is for a 2.76 but I see a 3 on the end. D53 is a 3.21 ratio in a 8 1/4.

I am current restoring the rear end on my 1970 FM3 Satellite Conv. I am trying to reproduce the 3 digit axle part number that was stamped on it, but it wasn't legible enough to make out. The code would be the same as what is on the broadcast sheet. Unfortunately, that area of my broadcast sheet is partially damaged. All I know is that it ends in a "3". I have a list of codes for a charger, but 318's aren't on the list.

My car has:

318-2bbl, A904 auto, 8-1/4 rear end, 2.76:1 ratio, drum brakes.

How's this?

013_1.jpg

Here's the 1970 rear axle application and code info. Looks like it is 013.

013_2.jpg

69Coronetrt,

I would say that I would have to agree with you on the "013". everything matches up in your table with my car including the collapsible spacer.

I found a "1" stamped by the brake line mounting point (LH side, forward). It was too rusty on that side to axle for the rest of the numbers to survive.

On the right side facing forward are these numbers, which still have me guessing. probably the final assembly date, which should have been in May 1970.

Toolmanmike,

On line 2 of the broadcast sheet is the option code D51. Line 4 shows the actual partial part number of the axle assembly.

thanks for the info
-Chris

stamping.jpg

stamping2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back