• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Need Carter 2BBL carb with (or facility for) electric choke unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwigtx

Henchman #4 and Jack-Stand Racer #2
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:12 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys,
My buddy Cliff is modding his Valiant /6 car - 225 and 3-on-da-tree manual trans.

This is not a search for an original part - hoping someone has experience, or has one kicking around - preferably new.

Looking for specifically a Carter 2BBL carb with an electric choke unit - or the facility to install an electric choke unit.

He already has a manual choke carb, and they don't convert that easy.

If anyone has one, or knows where I might find one, please let me know here. I have scoured eBag from here. :rolleyes:

Thanks,
Roger :thumbsup:

Gratuitous pictures for the picture hounds among us. :lol:

20170617_165046.jpg

Cliff engine 1.jpg

20190906_134830.jpg

Look for a super 6 intake. They ran the carter 2 barrel and the electric choke. There has to be some out there. Keep asking.

Just a thought, mid 70's through maybe 90?? Jeep used the Carter 2bbl BBD with an electric choke. I worked on lots of them, and were (still are) ultra reliable.
I also remember "modifying" several early 80's CJ's with 2bbl Webers and they also had electric chokes.
Good luck!!

Just a thought, mid 70's through maybe 90?? Jeep used the Carter 2bbl BBD with an electric choke. I worked on lots of them, and were (still are) ultra reliable.
I also remember "modifying" several early 80's CJ's with 2bbl Webers and they also had electric chokes.
Good luck!!
Not sure on the Jeeps. AMC cars had them for sure. Need to find one 80 or older otherwise they had a O-2 feedback style and the car had a duty solenoid. I know for sure 82 Eagles had them but they were the emission style as I mentioned. I think 80 on back could work. As I remember these chokes were electric assisted and still used manifold heat. They had a heat tube that would have to be fabricated. That would not be two hard. A guy would have to see whats available and see how the choke was configured, Its possible the later were complete electric choke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back