• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Convertible Well Liner Info

66plysat

Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
I have a 66 Satellite and I have installed a new well line. It fit well but I'm not sure how the front side of the well liner is attached to the frame behind the back seat. I see screw holes along the frame, but I'm not sure if the lined is held by screws or if there is supposed to be a piece of trim to hold the vinyl material.

A picture of the correct attachment would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
IMG_2480.jpg
IMG_2479.jpg

Are there snaps on well liner where it attaches in front. PM me tomorrow if you don't get an answer so I can look. Tomorrow busy day.

I have a 66 Satellite and I have installed a new well line. It fit well but I'm not sure how the front side of the well liner is attached to the frame behind the back seat. I see screw holes along the frame, but I'm not sure if the lined is held by screws or if there is supposed to be a piece of trim to hold the vinyl material.

A picture of the correct attachment would be appreciated, thanks in advance.View attachment 915279View attachment 915280
I have good pics of mine too....there is a long aluminum bar that's supposed to be there also....

The boot that covers the top when the top is down slides into aluminum bar. Can't remember where well liner goes.

Durandal posted a pic on 66 Satellite convertible thread. Looks like your an aluminum piece.

Are there snaps on well liner where it attaches in front. PM me tomorrow if you don't get an answer so I can look. Tomorrow busy day.
The well liner has snaps on the back side to hold it against the front of the trunk area, the front side of the well liner comes with no trim, snaps or is it sewn. It is simply trimmed during the manufacture of the well liner. Looking at Durandal's picture maybe that's what I'm missing, my piece is at the painter's, I'll have to see how it is installed, I can't remember.

I took a well liner off a parts car 18yrs ago and can't remember what held see if I can see through window tomorrow.

Well liner is glued to the top & front side of the bar between the wheel wells... Then the metal filler screws in to support the seat back...

The aluminum channel that the boot attaches to is screwed to the filler near the top of the back side...

welliner.jpg
welliner1.jpg
welliner2.jpg
Well liner just lays there, glue? First photo left to right is front to back. Note gold panel is the top of rear seat, will take some studying to make sense of it. Other pictures are the bottom of a well liner LaBrecque Auto Craft in Windsor Ct made from an old well liner I had. They were doing a 66 Hemi Belvedere II couldn't find a repo. They asked if I would loan them my well liner. Told them I had a spare and would ship it to them, did so. They wanted to pay me for it, I asked could you make a second for me? Two months later a box arrived with this well liner.:D

Fran Blacker, I forgot about the metal piece that the chrome slotted piece is attached to. That piece is at my painters. It all make sense now. Thanks for all your help.

That chrome is where the boot that covers the top when its down.

Perhaps I can help a bit. I just put my Convert Top and insides on recently. Here are some shots that might help explain, if I can get the pics to load. Wish I knew how to do Arrows, but I don't, so I will try to explain. This is for a 66 Coronet 500.

IMG_4229.jpg

If you look at this, you can see the pump lower right. Just above that is the Piece of Steel that seems to do a lot including hold the top of the Back Seat. If you look closely, you can see a bit of material curled up on the leading edge where you see bolts going through where the Black begins and the Red color stops. That Curled material is the Front Edge of the Well Liner. I glued mine down first and then put the bolts/screws through it. On the back side of the Well Liner, it has a line of Snaps that hooks to the Aluminum Edging with Snaps along the back side of the Wheel Well.

Perhaps I can help a bit. I just put my Convert Top and insides on recently. Here are some shots that might help explain, if I can get the pics to load. Wish I knew how to do Arrows, but I don't, so I will try to explain. This is for a 66 Coronet 500.

View attachment 937070

If you look at this, you can see the pump lower right. Just above that is the Piece of Steel that seems to do a lot including hold the top of the Back Seat. If you look closely, you can see a bit of material curled up on the leading edge where you see bolts going through where the Black begins and the Red color stops. That Curled material is the Front Edge of the Well Liner. I glued mine down first and then put the bolts/screws through it. On the back side of the Well Liner, it has a line of Snaps that hooks to the Aluminum Edging with Snaps along the back side of the Wheel Well.
....you use ATF fluid on the pump right? Mine is a bit low.....no leaks, but the bolt in the center is the filler?

So, you see the at the top of the Black Rear Seat Holder, look closely, you will see the ends of some Stainless Steel Screws. Those stainless Steel Screws hold on the Alum bracket that goes the length of the seat holder on the Trunk Side and holds the front of the Boot. Here is a shot looking from top Down on the Back Seat holder.

IMG_4228.jpg

So, again look closely you can see a seam in the material. Between that Seam and the Black Metal you can see the Alum structure that holds the Boot to the back of the Rear Seat Holder. Now look at the above pic and you can see the Stainless Screws that hold that Alum piece to the back of the Seat Holder.

What I know is that I am not using the Correct terms and perhaps someone can "polish" this up a bit. In general, this how mine is put together. Red Paint Body Part that is just above where the Pump goes. Glue the Well Liner. Then install the Steel Rear Seat Structure and put Bolts/screws to hold the Seat Back to the Car Structure with the Well Material in between. Then, the Alum Bracket that holds the Boot attaches to the back side of the Seat Back holder.

Once you get the Well Liner in, you snap the back side to the Alum bar with snaps that goes along the back of interior of the car that holds the Rear of the Convert Top in place. Help?

I put oil in mine a couple of years back. I will down to the shop. I think it says on the pump what fluid to use. Back in a bit.

IMG_4231.jpg

Here are two pics of the label on the Pump. This one we can read ok and says "Type A".

IMG_4232.jpg

This one is hard to read, but says after then "A", Trans. I would say that means Type A Trans Oil? My bet is that others on here KNOW for certain. If when I get power to the Motor, I will see if I can get a better Pic. Hope it helps.

View attachment 937093

This one is hard to read, but says after then "A", Trans. I would say that means Type A Trans Oil? My bet is that others on here KNOW for certain. If when I get power to the Motor, I will see if I can get a better Pic. Hope it helps.
I just finished mine and used type "A" trans fluid per the label.

Here is a shot of the Covertible Top Pump and what Fluid it asks for.

IMG_3170.jpeg

I just ran across this pic of when I took it out of the car to clean it up a bit.

Auto Transport Service
Back