• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need for engine limiter straps ?

Make it 572 with big Comp roller cam, Molnar Crank, BME Rods, 14.5-1 JE Pistons, Stage V Heads & Rockers, Big fuel pump, Tunnel Ram with a pair of Dominators, MSD Dist and 7AL3 Box, big headers, 5500 Flash Ultimate Pro Trans with Brake, 3.5"Moly Driveshaft, Dana 60 with Spool, 15x14 wheels, big tires, etc, etc....AND THEN we can have our race after all...LOL.
----
Nothing doing Mr. Gaines! Lol.... I'm staying clear of you while I'm still ahead!
Actually I've had some initial discussions with Tim over @ FHO on a package but he's busier than a cut cat, so I'm on hold at the moment and I'm booking up and asking lots of hemi questions. Yes it's a 572 but it's gonna run on pump fuel. Definitely will be a next winter completion. Meanwhile, in a month or so the Plymouth comes home again, YES!

malex...it's a 575" pump gas hemi, cnc ported MP heads, fairly mild solid roller, single dominator, 727 trans, Dana rear and Cal-Tracs, 295-65 ET Street radials, KB block, Callies crank, Oliver rods, Diamond pistons, etc.
Has been 9.54 at 140.4 mph at 3800 lbs all motor and on pump gas.
It's been high 8s at 152+ mph on nitrous at close to 3900 lbs.

Here's a pic

View attachment 914930

hemi 4.jpg

malex...it's a 575" pump gas hemi, cnc ported MP heads, fairly mild solid roller, single dominator, 727 trans, Dana rear and Cal-Tracs, 295-65 ET Street radials, KB block, Callies crank, Oliver rods, Diamond pistons, etc.
---
Now that BigHemi sure has my interest!

The struts sure look like a good plan, I think you can fit both sides. My tube chassis Arrow used a CM tube trans cross member & the 727 bolted directly to it, no "trans mount". Seems like the struts are trying to duplicate a "solid mount". Don't think the suspension motion is an issue. Motor plates & mid plates sure will flex. Fore/aft motion needs to be controlled.

The struts sure look like a good plan, I think you can fit both sides. My tube chassis Arrow used a CM tube trans cross member & the 727 bolted directly to it, no "trans mount". Seems like the struts are trying to duplicate a "solid mount". Don't think the suspension motion is an issue. Motor plates & mid plates sure will flex. Fore/aft motion needs to be controlled.
---
I like this design. The struts mounted to the lugs take the stress off the rear mount and housing while taking the flex out of the motor plates. I can see the limiters on the 64 getting moved back, a few lbs moving to a better location.

I was under my car the other night and decided to take a picture of mine while I was under there.

20200303_182135.jpg 20200303_182005.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back