• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help again 66 Satellite 440

With the steering linkage down, only other obstacle might be if the front of the pan won't clear the crank. If it won't, just pull the motor mount nuts, and lift the engine, until the pan clears.

How much time on the motor?
I picked mine off a shop floor, since it had already been pulled. But, did find something I had never seen before, since your going to replace the oil pump.

When you pull the pump, even if the pan is still in place...with the pump off, look inside the main oiling port. It's about 1/2" bore, that supplies oil to the pump via the pick up tube, that's in the pan. Just make sure that bore is fairly clean, and clear.
When I pulled my pump...that main oil port was just about clogged completely! Past the built up rust and sludge, only a small opening was there. Surprised that motor wasn't flat burned up.

Good news!!! I put a new oil pump on, put the priming tool in my drill and I had pressure. Put everything back together and I have 40 psi on idle. Everything sounds good. Thanks for the help

Auto Transport Service
Back