• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying this shifter and stick

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:40 PM
Reaction score
These were being used on a 1968 18 spline trans in a 1967 Belvedere. I personally have never seen a shifter with a straight reverse arm, and can see no number on it. The rods and levers are oem style, not what comes in the comp plus kit.
Also the stick. No number on it that I can find either. Could it be an original 1964-65?

20220426_152206.jpg 20220426_152217.jpg 20220426_152236.jpg 20220426_152407.jpg 20220426_152309.jpg 20220426_152317.jpg

i would say 64/65. bench seat model. watch out for your fingers when going to 3rd gear. hahahaha

i would say 64/65. bench seat model. watch out for your fingers when going to 3rd gear. hahahaha
They have a longer throw than newer years? I am going to sell them, just want to know the correct application.

yes. i had had 4 65 coronets with 4 speed. i would google search 1965 dodge coronet 4 speed with bench seat and look at the results. several out there.

yes. i had had 4 65 coronets with 4 speed. i would google search 1965 dodge coronet 4 speed with bench seat and look at the results. several out there.
Didn’t they use the curved reverse lever in 64/65 also? I had my shifter rebuilt by the Shifter Doctor and he replaced the straight arm with the curved arm for my 64.

Didn’t they use the curved reverse lever in 64/65 also? I had my shifter rebuilt by the Shifter Doctor and he replaced the straight arm with the curved arm for my 64.
Do you remember what your shifter with the straight arm was originally from?

Do you remember what your shifter with the straight arm was originally from?
I have no way of telling but it was installed in my 64 Belvedere which is a factory 426 Street Wedge 4-speed car. The Shifter Doctor has been rebuilding these shifters for 40 years. If you sent a shifter back to Hurst to be rebuilt it was actually done by him so in my mind it makes him the expert. He was the one that told me that it was wrong. He’s not that far away from me so I actually bought the transmission and shifter to him to look at. https://www.shifterdoc.com/productcart/pc/contact.asp

Thanks for the help guys. Mystery solved by calling Brewers. Shifter and stick are aftermarket for 62-70 B'body, rods and levers are oem.

Thanks for the help guys. Mystery solved by calling Brewers. Shifter and stick are aftermarket for 62-70 B'body, rods and levers are oem.
I’m looking for a stick and ball for my 65 bench seat Belevedere, if you’re selling them separately.

Those Brewer fellas are always awesome to seek guidance from!
They'll always get my business.

I’m looking for a stick and ball for my 65 bench seat Belevedere, if you’re selling them separately.
Sorry, already sold to a gent in Texas.

Those Brewer fellas are always awesome to seek guidance from!
They'll always get my business.
Yes they are. I just emailed them 2 pics with my question, and within 5 minutes they responded. The only time I have not bought anything 4-speed related from them is when I needed a 18 spline trans. They were a year or so out. Jamie Passon had one in the shop, so I bought it from him. He is pretty good to deal with as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back