• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying what goes behind the front grill

peakandscoot

Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
Can someone with a 62 tell me what these 2 bolt that face the front grill are for. During dis assembly 6 years ago i didnt take a picture and now have no idea. a picture would help
20220525_134857.jpg

Looks like where you attach the lower bumper filler on a 69. Not sure about the 62

I would tell you if I could...... but mine isn't even there. Got removed, for a pusher electric fan.

It appears that the Plymouth's lower valance has a different tab than the Dodge has. (My pics being the Dodge).

It appears that the Plymouth's lower valance has a different tab than the Dodge has. (My pics being the Dodge).
Yes im starting to figure out that i had another part that connects it to the front cowl. I am going to fab up a new piece anyhow because i want to make some clearance to fit a electric pusher fan. My large radiator with a big block does not allow me to mount with a shroud on the other side so im going mechanical with a shroud and also a pusher on the front.

Yes im starting to figure out that i had another part that connects it to the front cowl. I am going to fab up a new piece anyhow because i want to make some clearance to fit a electric pusher fan. My large radiator with a big block does not allow me to mount with a shroud on the other side so im going mechanical with a shroud and also a pusher on the front.
You just described my setup exactly, a 26" high efficiency Cordoba big block radiator, matching shroud (with some fit mods) with the core support opened up, flex fan on the engine side, and a pusher on a switch.
I KNOW the flex eats horsepower, but keeps it cool, the pusher is for between rounds. 62 savoy.

What size flex did you use. I think i need a 17 because my factory 18 sticks out one side because of the engine being offset. Also i have been searching for the best flex fan and what i read says use a curved blade. I have a convertible and lots of HP so im willing to sacrifice to cool the engine. The other thing i did was i used Evans waterless instead of radiator fluid. Its 50 a gallon but it will never boil and it never needs changing.

I will get outside and measure my fan, in a bit. Right this minute, my gf is feeding my Gsd's, and if I try to get to the garage, all heck'll break loose, lol.
I KNOW my plastic flex fan is costing me horsepower, it's identical to the one engine masters said cost 20-25 hp. I use it cause I had it, it keeps the engine cool, and a few hp don't mean much on a dial-your-own bracket/street car.
IF you have the room, and IF you can find the set-up, the short clutch and factory clutch fan will work as good, as use up 10-15 hp less.

17" fan. Could run an 18, because of the elephant ears. I would be closer at the bottom of the shroud than the top. Got my trans cooler inside the should other opposite side of the pusher.
Edit: the radiator might be 28", I didn't measure it.

20220530_140042.jpg

20220530_140010.jpg

What is the part number of fan shroud diameter?

Auto Transport Service
Back