• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help installing console in 69 Coronet

Good deal....I was hoping you looked at the thread again before trying to make adjustments.

Glad I could give you reassurance the brackets were right.....something like that would have bugged the crap out of me if I thought it was wrong....I just can't leave things like that go.
Maybe that's why that metal bracket that attaches to the rear of the console is made the way it is to shift things to the driver's side a bit.

IMG_20190929_123206225.jpg

You'd think it would have been engineered to be centered even with the drive train shifted to the passenger's side. It just looks wrong from the back seat.

I learned something about the console install that finds my dilemma less confusing...as I posted installing my console on my '63 the tunnel isn't dead center and as installed there's about an inch difference with the space between the buckets and I've gotten used to it...never had anyone notice it at several shows, including judges, for modified stock and now if they might I'd say go ask mopar...they set the stage lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back