• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need help on window adjustments.

Justasgood

Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
This group has been incredible in it’s knowledge and willingness to help and I for one appreciate it.

I am currently working through my 1973 Charger and I am currently getting the doors and windows adjusted and properly working. My passenger door window seems like the backside(by the handle/lock) is a little low.

How is this adjustment made and secondly, what are these metal protrusions? Can they be replaced and if so, where can I source them?

Do they aid in anyway the sealing properties of the glass?

Thanks in advance,

Kurt

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hi, RT specialties has these clips.

6003257 SIDE WINDOW ANTI RATTLE CLIP E BODY AND 71-74 B-BODY​

You have some good tips here, having gone through this on my car. I’d just add, if the adjustments may require loosening the bolts at the bottom of the door, be wary, so as not to strip any. My ride is a CA car having little rust and took the entire car apart with little trouble unlike the first rusty one I restored. But, I stripped a window bracket bolt on the bottom of the door. Don’t know the condition of your car; but if they look rusted, shock the bolts and soak them good with penetrating oil leaving them set for a few hours. Shock the bolts again before trying to loosen them. You may not have to mess with them; but just saying..

Auto Transport Service
Back