• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help on windshield swap

papasmurf

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
Once more I turn to the seemingly bottomless well of information here with a question...I just picked up a very clean 73 coronet wagon. Unfortunately it is in desperate need of a windshield. My question is will a 3rd generation charger fit. Oddly enough several sites I've been to list a 73 2 door coronet although to the best of my knowledge no such thing exists. Any help or advice will definitely be appreciated

No. Well, …no. I cut one down and made it work for two years until I found one. If you really dig, you can find the original part numbers and they are different. If you are really in a pinch, like the windshield is destroyed, you can cut the corners and sides off of a 71-74 charger windshield but it doesn’t fit correctly but is functional. You can’t tell when the trim is on but there had to be some liberal use of windshield adhesive. Replacements are not made and a custom one starts around $3k unless you can get an order quantity up and they need a good one to start from. Your best bet is finding a coronet sedan but no place I talked to would touch removing and reinstalling used glass so I did it myself.

The factory 1973 Passenger Car Parts Catalog lists windshield P/N 3439 480 (clear) and 3439 481 (tinted) for the Coronet 6 and 9 pass. sta. wgn. The same part numbers also apply to the Coronet 4 door sedan. It lists different part numbers for the Coronet 2 door sedan, 2 door hardtop and fastback.

You could try contacting a local glass shop with the part numbers or post your question in the '71 - '74 forum threads.

The factory 1973 Passenger Car Parts Catalog lists windshield P/N 3439 480 (clear) and 3439 481 (tinted) for the Coronet 6 and 9 pass. sta. wgn. The same part numbers also apply to the Coronet 4 door sedan. It lists different part numbers for the Coronet 2 door sedan, 2 door hardtop and fastback.

You could try contacting a local glass shop with the part numbers or post your question in the '71 - '74 forum threads.
if you find anything for this i need one to also a working brake booster or a working part # all the stuff on the resto parts websites they are not that helpful cause i am trying to keep this car as close to stock as possible thanks in advanced

Auto Transport Service
Back