• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEED HELP!! The shop working on my 69 Charger is CLOSING!!

Original shop manager is staying.
Ok, so the shop is not closing? Is he a standup guy. Will he concentrate on getting the car done. A good friend of mine worked for a boat trailer manufacturer and the original owner sold to new guy. My friend knew more about the business than the new owner and he was invaluable. I know that if the company decided to make something else and that there was still trailers ordered he would get them done and get them delivered. But then nowadays, who knows.

That was your first mistake.
It was over a course of 2 1/2 years. They would do comparable work, and then I would comp them $5k or so. It's actually almost done. I just can't afford the time to do it myself. I am a business owner.

Ok, so the shop is not closing? Is he a standup guy. Will he concentrate on getting the car done. A good friend of mine worked for a boat trailer manufacturer and the original owner sold to new guy. My friend knew more about the business than the new owner and he was invaluable. I know that if the company decided to make something else and that there was still trailers ordered he would get them done and get them delivered. But then nowadays, who knows.
The owners sold out to a large company that does nothing but insurance work. The shop manager actually is a good guy and is staying on for now.

Ha, ha.Sorry I'm not allowed to come down right now. Seriously if they aren't going to honor the business' commitment (which really is not how you sell or buy a business) get your stuff out of there as fast as possible and fight them later if you want. A lot of people have lost much more, but it doesn't make it right.

I guess it's a good sign the manager is staying on.

So, what happened Monday morning? I'm hoping with the old shop manager staying on that all your worrying was for naught.

I don't understand all the melodrama?
Why are you on this (or any) forum typing away when you should have already been loaded up
and hauling what YOU OWN the hell out of there?
Man up, get your posse' together and go get your shiyat!

Spidey senses are tingling on this whole thing....hope I'm wrong.

I don't understand all the melodrama?
Why are you on this (or any) forum typing away when you should have already been loaded up
and hauling what YOU OWN the hell out of there?
Man up, get your posse' together and go get your shiyat!

Spidey senses are tingling on this whole thing....hope I'm wrong.
Can't move the car in the rain and I run a business as well. Things don't get done without me on site. Been to the shop and arrangements are being made. We are good.

Can't move the car in the rain and I run a business as well. Things don't get done without me on site. Been to the shop and arrangements are being made. We are good.
thanks for the follow-up/update
not leaving US all hanging in suspense :poke:

Here's a couple photos as we were getting it off the rollback. It's in the garage under 2 new tarps after a dusting.

20211014_131145.jpg 20211014_131134.jpg 20211014_131119.jpg 20211014_120208.jpg 20211014_120203.jpg 20211014_120152.jpg

If you're using plastic tarps, I humbly suggest you make a trip to the thrift store and buy some nice 100% cotton sheets. I look for the highest thread count I can find - 800+, preferably Pima and Egyptian cotton, I've been surprised at the nice sheets I've found. You'll need two Kings and a Queen.

Glad you got your car! Looks great!

Sorry the shop changed hands but in the end your story turned out better than many do.
Glad you got your car and parts & engine home.

Auto Transport Service
Back