• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need measurement, `70 road runner quarter panel length.

In my experience with amd 70 qtrs, and for the best "look" when done, you might as well fit the hood and cowl, then fenders, then the doors, then the Dutchman panel and rear glass, and plan on cutting the front qtr flange off and welding it back on to get proper gaps. Adjust the door level with the rocker, and high enough to get the cowl right, and make the rear perfect. A guy should actually shorten the rear of the door a little, but that is another whole can of worms.

Forget the tape measure already. Does your quarter panel mate to the flanges on the lock pillar, outer wheelhouse, floor extension, rear body panel, and dutchman panel ?
It fits and lines up good all except the door latch pillar, it is about an 1/8" too far forward leaving me zero door quarter gap, to push it back flush I would have to adjust where it meets the window channels, dutchman and lines up with the rear edge of the trunk. FYI - this is not my first time doing metal work, I did crash work for ten years and have been working on classic Mopars for 30+ so I know what I`m doing and how to fix and adjust things.

cuda metal work.jpg

cuda wheels.jpg

clubcab floors.jpg

clubcab bracing.jpg

76 Dodge floor.jpg

76 primer rear.jpg

Ok, I measured 3 different 70 Road Runners. Two are original and the other one is AMD. The first two are original and the last one is after market.

D19C0062-4C4A-4E63-A101-A30CEBD01C1C.jpeg

CE5D6C7E-8627-4F67-BAB5-101E115ED172.jpeg

621874A7-6A57-4BEE-9AAF-2541FD24B577.jpeg

4148F095-7BD2-4801-9AEE-755760B88951.jpeg

I talked with my buddy that owns all three cars and he agreed that you will struggle with the after market piece. He suggested that you alter it at the jamb area and leave the rear aligned first. Just passing the word on. Not saying this is the best way. I believe in the saying, to each their own. Good luck.

Here are my measurements if it helps.

#1, below the body line. Note the tape does not follow the body line exactly since the car is curved - the clip and tape at the door is just below the body line in the picture below.
View attachment 1456529

With that setup, here is the measurement:
View attachment 1456530

#2, above the body line. Like for the first set of shots, the tape does not follow the body line exactly since the car is curved - the clip and tape at the door is just above the body line in the picture below.
View attachment 1456531

With that setup, here is the measurement:
View attachment 1456532
Both of mine are 86-7/16”

Auto Transport Service
Back