• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Measurement for 66 Satellite Trunk Trimpiece

66plysat

Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
I replaced my trunk lid with another one and after it was painted I was going to mount the Satellite badge that sits above the trunk panel and realized the trunk lid didn't have holes for the badge.

I'm hoping someone with a 66 Satellite can measure the placement of the badge. How far from the right side edge of the trunk the badge ends and how high from the bottom of the trunk lid the bottom of the badge sits. I've included a picture of the measurements I need.
IMG_2422.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help

I replaced my trunk lid with another one and after it was painted I was going to mount the Satellite badge that sits above the trunk panel and realized the trunk lid didn't have holes for the badge.

I'm hoping someone with a 66 Satellite can measure the placement of the badge. How far from the right side edge of the trunk the badge ends and how high from the bottom of the trunk lid the bottom of the badge sits. I've included a picture of the measurements I need.
View attachment 902350
Thanks in advance for the help
My Satellite measures1/2 inch on bottom
2&3/8 inch from side

The 1/2 inch is from top of large trunk trim
To bottom of Satellite Script

Make your holes just large enough so you don't break it if you need to remove it. May want a little sealer so water doesn't get in. Broke my original it was so tight, it was pitted anyway.

FBBO people are amazing, within 22 minutes I get the answer to my question. Thanks Johnpat and Fran Blacker!

FBBO people are amazing, within 22 minutes I get the answer to my question. Thanks Johnpat and Fran Blacker!
Yours is a convertible right? If your rear emblem is in poor condition hardtops also have the same (99%) sure same emblem. It's between the rear pass and driver's seat mounted on a chrome bezel.

Last edited:
Fran Blacker, I have a good emblem that I bought several years ago and held on to awaiting a new paintjob. Now's the time to pull it out and install it on the trunk, finally!

Auto Transport Service
Back